Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Hugmepls
Status is "Submitted"

Applied for urbanest though, so I actually expected to get a room allocated reasonably quickly because it is first come - first served.

Mine is "Under consideration by the department"
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Status is "Submitted"

Applied for urbanest though, so I actually expected to get a room allocated reasonably quickly because it is first come - first served.

If i call them hopefully they can take me off the waiting list and submit my application
Original post by Gwal

That sounds promising to me!
Status is "Submitted"

For how long can we edit the hallpad application I applied for LSE HALLS though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for accommodation in Westminster Bridge. Have a made a grave mistake? Am I going to spend the whole of my first year regretting my decision?
Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
I applied for accommodation in Westminster Bridge. Have a made a grave mistake? Am I going to spend the whole of my first year regretting my decision?

Why would you think so? No one's going to be able to tell u. It all depends on what u are looking for (best rooms, social life etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you put 0 or 1 year as year at lse when applying for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really about what you're looking for in the accommodation. Westminister Bridge does have newer facilities and nicer rooms. But they also do cost a bit more than most of the lse halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inclop4.5
Do you put 0 or 1 year as year at lse when applying for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're supposed to put 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I did too and I can't really see a reason why we would regret it.
I like the location, nice walk to school, nice facilities (pool & gym), nice rooms and not much more expensive / cheaper than HH.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 570
Original post by ConnorM
pas de souci mec je serai ton pote français si tu veux :wink:

haha tres bien! le francais est la matiere la plus difficile pour moi at Alevel, mais a l'exterieur d'ecole, ca me plait beaucoup.

quelle matiere fais-tu?
Reply 571
Original post by flanham
That doesn't make sense... He has an AAA offer. Why would you pick another AAA offer as your insurance? Basically it means you have no insurance?

Original post by powelsmartin
There's a greater chance of being accepted as a near-miss. And you don't have to commit to UEA (there are instances where no insurance is wise ie when you are able to go into clearing and get a better place through that). I know someone who's doing the exact same thing (AAA LSE firm, AAA UCL insurance and ignoring ABB UEA which is a pretty weird coincidence now that I think of it).

Posted from TSR Mobile

you two represent exactly the views of my teachers at school. on one side if I do miss my AAA, I really don't like the uncertainty of waiting for a reconsideration, but then people are saying you can always get into a uni like UEA through clearing.

there is absolutely no guarantee, no guarantee that the place at UEA will still be there waiting for me at clearing, and no guarantee that my near miss will be given a second chance by LSE/UCL.

:/ , I don't even know why I dwell on ages about my insurance... I just need to get into my firm afterall...
Original post by Gwal

When did you submit your application?
Reply 573
Original post by MrBowcat
When did you submit your application?

Yes, I did. But I misunderstood the topic of this conversation. I was actually talking about my application to the university, not to the students rooms!
Original post by Gwal
Yes, I did. But I misunderstood the topic of this conversation. I was actually talking about my application to the university, not to the students rooms!

:/
Original post by Junnie
you two represent exactly the views of my teachers at school. on one side if I do miss my AAA, I really don't like the uncertainty of waiting for a reconsideration, but then people are saying you can always get into a uni like UEA through clearing.

there is absolutely no guarantee, no guarantee that the place at UEA will still be there waiting for me at clearing, and no guarantee that my near miss will be given a second chance by LSE/UCL.

:/ , I don't even know why I dwell on ages about my insurance... I just need to get into my firm afterall...

A similar thing happened to me last year.
Last year I applied for Law at Oxford/UCL/KCL/LSE/Queen Mary's London.
Everywhere except Oxford (which actuallt rejected me post-interview anyway) had entry requirments of A*AA (Oxford was AAA). I was accepted to all of the other universities and was ultimately torn between UCL and LSE, both with A*AA conditions.
I was fully aware when I initially applied that I had no concrete insurance choice but I reasoned that I really did not want to go anywhere else. Prestige and being in London were of the upmost importance to me and so I only applied to the above universities.
In the end, I firmed UCL and put KCL as my insurance, with the reason that they'd be more likely to accept me than LSE in if I just missed my offer. Albeit I knew it was still unlikely.

In the end I missed out on my A*AA offer by 2 UMS marks and I was out right rejected by both UCL and KCL. I went through clearing but the best I could do out of the LONDON Universiies was SOAS (I got an offer but didn't go).
I reapplied, albeit for a different course and was again accepted to the above universities for 2015 start.
All I can say was that I knew I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere but LSE/UCL and if being at that university is of the upmost important then it's fairly clear what you should do and no insure UEA. Even if it means retaking and reapplying.
However, if going to university in 2015 is more importance than DEFINITLY insure UEA and just work really hard to get the grades
Original post by Junnie
name: Jun
uk applicant but Chinese
Actuarial Science
AAA including maths
Will be applying for LSE halls near the school, any suggestions?

would love a French speaking roommate parce que j'apprends le francais au lycee et j'aime les langues :biggrin:

what do you guys think I should pick for insurance?
economics stats finance at UCL for AAA
or actuarial science with a year in industry at east Anglia for ABBB

I have a similar dilemma. My first choice was always LSE and I picked UCL as a London Uni just in case I didn't get in to LSE. I also picked Bath, Bristol and Cardiff (my fall back plan if everything went wrong). I am pretty certain that I will firm LSE (AAA) but I want to insure Bath (A*AA) and therefore reject UCL (A*A*A), Bristol (AAA) and Cardiff (AAB). I have read that you can put whatever you want as your insurance but you take the risk if you miss both offers. I am predicted A*A*A with all As at AS level. I thought making my firm and insurance choice would be easy but it is not and my head is hurting.
Status is "Submitted"

they fixed it for me and its submitted now, i applied for urbanest too!
Original post by JamjamjamT
I have a similar dilemma. My first choice was always LSE and I picked UCL as a London Uni just in case I didn't get in to LSE. I also picked Bath, Bristol and Cardiff (my fall back plan if everything went wrong). I am pretty certain that I will firm LSE (AAA) but I want to insure Bath (A*AA) and therefore reject UCL (A*A*A), Bristol (AAA) and Cardiff (AAB). I have read that you can put whatever you want as your insurance but you take the risk if you miss both offers. I am predicted A*A*A with all As at AS level. I thought making my firm and insurance choice would be easy but it is not and my head is hurting.

I was in the same pickle! I wanted to firm LSE but I wasn't sure if I should insure Bath or Durham. I ended up insuring Bath after looking back at my grade history and comparing the courses. I mean, even though it's a massive risk, the point is if you think you can make the offer, go for it. Also, an insurance uni should be one that you would be as happy to go to as your first, so that's something to think about too. :smile:
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
A similar thing happened to me last year.
Last year I applied for Law at Oxford/UCL/KCL/LSE/Queen Mary's London.
Everywhere except Oxford (which actuallt rejected me post-interview anyway) had entry requirments of A*AA (Oxford was AAA). I was accepted to all of the other universities and was ultimately torn between UCL and LSE, both with A*AA conditions.
I was fully aware when I initially applied that I had no concrete insurance choice but I reasoned that I really did not want to go anywhere else. Prestige and being in London were of the upmost importance to me and so I only applied to the above universities.
In the end, I firmed UCL and put KCL as my insurance, with the reason that they'd be more likely to accept me than LSE in if I just missed my offer. Albeit I knew it was still unlikely.

In the end I missed out on my A*AA offer by 2 UMS marks and I was out right rejected by both UCL and KCL. I went through clearing but the best I could do out of the LONDON Universiies was SOAS (I got an offer but didn't go).
I reapplied, albeit for a different course and was again accepted to the above universities for 2015 start.
All I can say was that I knew I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere but LSE/UCL and if being at that university is of the upmost important then it's fairly clear what you should do and no insure UEA. Even if it means retaking and reapplying.
However, if going to university in 2015 is more importance than DEFINITLY insure UEA and just work really hard to get the grades

Yeah, I think this is a solid point. I said UEA was a better insurance, but in reality, if you don't want to go there, then what's the point? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending