The Student Room Group

Why have i been referred to an occupational psychologist?

Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone can help me on why my GP has decided to organise for me to see an Occupational Psychologist in the practice?

It will be my first appointment which I presume is an Assessment.

I did not ask for this to be organised or set up, nor a referral. (I do not think it is a referral as it is organised as an appointment in the practice, they last over 45 minutes)

What happens next? What are the stages? Is it a good or bad thing? I have not agreed to anything, but when I sign into my online booking account page, I can see 'Liase with ST drs' whatever that means.

I have had problems in my employment whereby I had a Hearing but received a written warning instead. I also have a parent who is ill so occasionally I have caring responsibilities but I do not claim benefits or anything as such for this.

Please help as this is confusing me highly.
Many Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone can help me on why my GP has decided to organise for me to see an Occupational Psychologist in the practice?

I did not ask for this to be organised or set up, nor a referral. (I do not think it is a referral as it is organised as an appointment in the practice, they last over 45 minutes)

What happens next? What are the stages? Is it a good or bad thing? I have not agreed to anything, but when I sign into my online booking account page, I can see 'Liase with ST drs' whatever that means.

I have had problems in my employment whereby I had a Hearing but received a written warning instead. I also have a parent who is ill so occasionally I have caring responsibilities but I do not claim benefits or anything as such for this.

Many Thanks

So you haven't had an appointment preceding this where the doctor may have decided to sort this for you?

It sounds likely that this is something your employer has set up. Big employers often have occupational health departments or they have a contract with another company... perhaps your employer arranges this through your GP

You'll be able to ask all these questions when you have the appointment. You should also be able to ring up the surgery and ask about it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi All,

Many Thanks

Are you sure it was an occupational psychologist and not an occupational therapist? An occupational psychologist wouldn't do this as they are not based in NHS services
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest