The Student Room Group

Can I ask for an unconditional?

So, my predicted grades are A*AA. I've got an offer from my favourite uni that's 300 UCAS (BBB) and an unconditional from my second favourite (as long as I put it as my firm, otherwise 300 too). I really really want to go to my favourite but I don't want to decline my unconditional and then not get the grades. Do I email them and see if they will alter my offer/offer me an unconditional place? Or are my predictions too high?
300 ucas points is indeed BBB, but it could also be, say, CCC with an A in a fourth AS subject. If you're predicted A*AA, you WILL get >300 UCAS points, trust me!
You can try it, but if they've already given you a conditional offer I think it's very unlikely they'll change it to unconditional. Although I don't know why you're worried about not being able to get BBB with an A*AA prediction anyway.
Original post by ktjade
I really really want to go to my favourite

This is your answer.

Are you worried about your A*AA predication though? It seems unlikely that you won't achieve 300 points unless you've been heavily overpredicted, which some schools might do. Without knowing your AS scores, it's difficult to advise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending