The Student Room Group

Can university take away the unconditional offer they gave me?

Last Thursday (A level results day) my conditional offer (112 ucas points, maths and science) was changed to an unconditional. Today i got my maths gcse resit results back and i got a grade 3 (i needed a 4). They wanted all results in by august 17th however, and i had no way of getting my result to them any earlier. Can they revoke this offer that they have given me? No one has emailed me about my maths since January and i dont want to email the uni and lose my chance at getting a place. Also, could they kick you out during the induction week after you have paid tuition fees and moved in?
Reply 1
Unconditional means unconditional. The colleges get advanced notice anyway. You do not say what course you are on either. It could be an admin error but you had best communicate with them as the sooner you know the less you will worry. Also the sooner you know the sooner you can do something about it.
Universities don’t get sent GCSE results.
If they made your place unconditional then they didn’t care about your maths resit.
Reply 3
Original post by nerak99
Unconditional means unconditional. The colleges get advanced notice anyway. You do not say what course you are on either. It could be an admin error but you had best communicate with them as the sooner you know the less you will worry. Also the sooner you know the sooner you can do something about it.

my parents have told me not to mention anything to the uni unless they ask me first. would they be able to kick me out even after the tuition fee is paid and im moved into accommodation? also im studying sound technology.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Universities don’t get sent GCSE results.
If they made your place unconditional then they didn’t care about your maths resit.

i got the email from ucas saying “congratulations youre going off to uni” and my offer changed so i imagine it is unconditional right?
Original post by ripfxsh
i got the email from ucas saying “congratulations youre going off to uni” and my offer changed so i imagine it is unconditional right?

yes
Hey, I'm in a similar boat - how did things end up going for you?
Reply 7
Original post by liv_laughlove
Hey, I'm in a similar boat - how did things end up going for you?

So far, no email from the uni. Moving to halls next saturday so i assume ive got in. Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending