The Student Room Group

PRTC 3rd of February potential start date 25th of march

Just wondering if anyone has these dates for pre recruit and/or start of basic training as it not too far away?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have got the same prtc date as you but my potential start date is 15th of April. What trade are you going for?
Reply 2
My prtc is 17 of feb start date is 15 april
Reply 3
I'm doing PRTC on the 3rd February as well. What roles are you guys going for?
Reply 4
Mt driver you? When is your start date?
Reply 5
Weapons System Operator (Aircrew). I did ask for a start date, but they wouldn't give me one.
Reply 6
I'm going for survival equipment fitter you guys excited ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Awesome! I'm absolutely buzzing. My dad was a survival equipment fitter and he loved it. How are you guys feeling about the fitness tests?
Reply 8
I'm going for an aircraft technician (avionics). I'm realy excited. feeling alright about the fitness test how are you felling about it?
Reply 9
Should be fine on press-ups and sit-ups, haven't done a bleep test in a while though.
Reply 10
Same I'm really psyched to get started and I should be fine on fitness how did everyone do on there first fitness test ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I done my 2.4k. In 10.42 30 press ups, 40 sit ups but that was back in november i have improved on all of that since. My most recent bleep test was level 9 so i still have a lot of hard work in front of me. How is everyone feeling about fitness tests etc
Reply 12
I did my 1.5 mile in 11.45 needed a 13.32 and got 21 press ups needed 10 and did 39 and I needed 34 haven't done a MSFT since 4 years ago but I got a level 9 then so need to do some practice but should hopefully be ok
How long has it taken to get through the whole process ?
Reply 13
Its taken me since last april but i failed my medical which deferred my application for a month as i needed to lose weight, so that delayed me a wee bit
I did my fitness tests at OASC in September. 2.4km run in 9:35, 55 press-ups, and 48 sit-ups.
Do we have to inform RAF Halton on how we are planning on getting there?
Reply 16
As far as i was aware they book your train tickets and you are picked up from train station i may be wrong but i am yet to receive my joining instructions.
Reply 17
Hi, I also have my PRTC on the 3rd of Feb. I was thinking of going up there and staying in a hotel the night before, just incase the trains had problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Karl340
Hi, I also have my PRTC on the 3rd of Feb. I was thinking of going up there and staying in a hotel the night before, just incase the trains had problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you contact your AFCO, they will give you a train ticket which should get you to Wendover station for 15:00. That'll give you plenty of time if anything goes wrong.
Reply 19
i have my prtc on the 3rd feb and potential start date of 15th april going in as MTDriver.

Quick Reply

Latest