The Student Room Group

The Southampton F.C Thread I

post removed
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Brilliant to see a Southampton F.C thread in the Football forum at last. It's been long overdue.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin

That's the best gif ever. Football related anyway.

The way he thinks he's won the ball and quickly tries to get it under control and slips again :cool:
Reply 4
FFS Rodgers. Stop talking.
It's going well I see....
Good luck this season. If any team finishes above Everton this season, I want it to be yours with your reasonably sensible transfer policy and focus on youth development. I wouldn't mind West Ham or Stoke or Swansea or whoever either. Just as long as it isn't one of the big teams whose answer to everything is money.
I can merge the other Southampton thread with this if you want, you'd lose the OP though :sad:

Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Good luck this season. If any team finishes above Everton this season, I want it to be yours with your reasonably sensible transfer policy and focus on youth development. I wouldn't mind West Ham or Stoke or Swansea or whoever either. Just as long as it isn't one of the big teams whose answer to everything is money.

See no reason why they can't finish above Everton, Spurs and Liverpool tbh. All 3 of them should be putting their efforts into the EL, given how there's a CL spot for the winner and all 3 clubs are overdue a trophy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Soton lose to Burnley, crumble continues?

They still have Everton and Chelsea to face, so it's not looking good for them. Hope they do bounce back next half of the season though, still top 4 contenders for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
crumble :redface:
Well Southampton have been through this before last season, only with different players and manager. Good start to the season with hopes of Champions League only to lose to the big boys and finish in mid-table. Probably there could be another summer clearout in 2015
Lost 5 games in a row now :sad:

Original post by sr90
Lost 5 games in a row now :sad:

So much crumble. Don't know who's crumbling more, Southampton or Liverpool.
It's gone from "Do you feel bad for Southampton" to "the Southampton FC thread" and it wasn't started by a Saints fan. :s-smilie: (there were threads for Fulham and Sunderland but they didn't last long)
Original post by Isometrix
So much crumble. Don't know who's crumbling more, Southampton or Liverpool.

Southampton have done better than expected though, Liverpool have ****ed up beyond everyones expectation.

I hope Bournemouth win tomorrow and we get a Bournemouth v Sheffield United semi final.
A terrible performance from Saints tonight - no excuses. We need to pick up our game again and get out of this bad run. It doesn't help with all the injuries and suspensions though. :s-smilie:
Original post by sr90
Southampton have done better than expected though, Liverpool have ****ed up beyond everyones expectation.

I hope Bournemouth win tomorrow and we get a Bournemouth v Sheffield United semi final.

And then we get to play one of them in the final.

You'd love that wouldn't you :colone:
Original post by Isometrix
And then we get to play one of them in the final.

You'd love that wouldn't you :colone:

Not necessarily, maybe Hazard will punch a ballboy again.
Original post by shawn_o1
It's gone from "Do you feel bad for Southampton" to "the Southampton FC thread" and it wasn't started by a Saints fan. :s-smilie: (there were threads for Fulham and Sunderland but they didn't last long)

Sr90
QFA

Lyrical Prodigy
QFA

Anything you can do about this? It wasn't the most positive thread to merge with the newly created Southampton FC thread.
Original post by shawn_o1

Our (Sunderland) thread is still going thanks very much

Quick Reply

Latest