The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
ahh that's awk, I won't pretend to 100% understand what you are saying :redface: but I'm sorry to hear that it happened. Trust is a really important thing. I regret sharing too much about my ex on here, especially given some of the crap advice I got from trolls (don't get me wrong there was a lot of good advice re: work on my insecurities and jealousy but I listened mostly to the trolls sadly). But I needed to talk to someone detached from the whole thing. That's the risk I guess.

It is important.. I won't detract from that.. But when you've been bullied for being different.. You'd see what I mean if you checked my profile.. Cheated on and singled out. Overtime I've just grown to expect the worst in people.. I'm sure it will change.. But as of now letting someone close is difficult :sad:

Yeah you do get the trolls on here and some genuine people.. Just know who they are and listen to the genuine ones :smile:
Virginity is a word because of a bunch of old people who are all dead now that had their lives revolve around a father's confidence that some children would be biologically his.

Outside of that, it should be irrelevant. It's people bumping together. Really, not a unicorn. It also has nothing to do with love or happiness so if you feel that way it's an illusion unfortunately created by the world around us. It's just, not really a thing. Unless you make it so, which you seem to have done.

People not being attracted to you is also not a fair enough reason, maybe I am wrong here but if I wanted to find a guy to shag there were plenty, and I am a bit of a man, so can hardly imagine you genuinely not having someone. Then again why on earth would you want to bang a randomer...

What haunts you is the utterly unreal depiction of sex, much like the depiction of the human body and other such things that exist solely in the fantasy universe. Reality is way more ****, and virginity means nothing. Feeling insecure about the "status" of your body as dictated by others, and hence giving the media or society ownership of yourself, however, does mean something. Start there.
Original post by voiceofreason234
There is no greater reason to be on this Earth than to get laid.

Someone could cure mankind of all diseases known to exist but if they've never had sex they're a failure on a personal level.

You just insulted Isaac Newton O_O
Hahahahaha!
Reply 244
Original post by sherlockfan
Bull****. Im not scared of sex.
What if a woman is lower than a 7?

Then you better have a great body or you're going to have to try and pull 1. An extremely desperate, sexually frustrated lad or 2. Someone that is hammered.
Original post by LTG
Then you better have a great body or you're going to have to try and pull 1. An extremely desperate, sexually frustrated lad or 2. Someone that is hammered.

great. thanks for the advice :top:
Reply 246
Original post by Ebony19
Impressive! Is it for religious reasons?

Thanks! I never got an alert for your question so sorry I missed it. It started out for religious reasons, but now just for more secular idealistic reasons. Would like to meet/help like-minded people or people who see it positively now! I'm now 32 going on 33 and very much held on :smile:
i love how shes asking for help but then criticizes virgin guys as if they dont understand. its totally normal to be a virgin. you shoudnt be mad at being lonley, you should be mad at the fact that girls like to get away with being sluts their whole life, but it sounds like youre trying to be one as well.
Not 23 yet but at this rate I will be a 23 year old virgin yay
Original post by catsis
Hey y'all! (No I didn't just join, I just made a different account)

I'm the only 23 year old virgin I know and I was just wondering if there are more people like me out there. It gets kind of lonely, especially in uni when all the girls I know are either in a serious relationship and don't go out or are slutting it out because it's our last year.

Virgin dudes, save it. This thread is not for you.

I don't know exactly what I want to achieve here, I guess I want to know I'm not the only one.

Cheers x

You’re not alone. I’m turning 23 this year and I’m a virgin with a choice. People think I’m attractive but I never try to be close with a guy because I’m too busy for that (college) and I don’t feel ready at all. I have other issues too so that’s why I’m not feeling ready at all. Well, I’d probably be forever alone since my standard on guys is kind of high (smart, nice, looks etc) but oh well. I could lower the standard if I do feel ready for a relationship lol.
You’re not the only one! I myself is also a 21 year old virgin. I’m glad to know it’s others like me out here! :-)
I knew a 23 yr old female virgin and a 26 yr old female virgin
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I'm a virgin scared ****less of sex and intimacy, I'm a man and that basically makes me a huge pussy that girls laugh at, so I have to hide it and play up the other problems like being scared of women and of death.

5 years later. Still a virgin?

Latest