The Student Room Group

If girls can reject guys based on height, guys can reject girls based on weight.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine

The problem for the type of guys that complain about "double standards in dating" or other aspects of women's selection choices is not feminism or some kind of warped social constructs, it's more basic than that, they are not popular with girls but they are lonely and want to get a girlfriend.

This
Original post by Kaylaleigh
That is the question exactly :tongue:
to them, cleaning the kitchen = washing up a a few dishes (but leaving everything else messy), for starters.

That is cleaning, right?
Original post by Anonymous
X

Reject them as a friend or romantic interest of course. You are never obliged to have either of these for anybody. Reject from a job based on this fact unless it's some manual labour that they will be unable to do, and you read the rules on this, then no.
Well, I'm a shorty so most guys are taller than me, so no worries :P
Reply 64
as long as you don't tell her its because of her weight and let her down gently (as you would any other girl you may be rejecting), then I see no problem. you have to be genuinely attracted to someone for it to work and if you aren't for ANY reason then theres no point
Yes we can and nobody cares, there is no double standard. In fact you can reject a person on any basis whatsoever.

At the same time, a fat person can always lose weight, a short man is screwed for life. Of course there are some men who are both tall and in good shape...

Original post by MagicNMedicine
You don't need to justify on the internet why you reject someone.

How selective you can be with a partner depends on how attractive / popular you are and how desperate you are for a partner.

The problem for the type of guys that complain about "double standards in dating" or other aspects of women's selection choices is not feminism or some kind of warped social constructs, it's more basic than that, they are not popular with girls but they are lonely and want to get a girlfriend.

This.

He doesn't care about any societal double standard, he is just upset that he is an unattractive loser.
(edited 9 years ago)
and what about the other way around with fat men and tall women?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending