The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Open Day

Hi!

I just got invited to an open day at Bristol for Computer Science. Can the people who have attended one already tell me what it is like?

Thank you :smile:
Is this an 'Open Day'? or a 'Offer Visit'?

They are two different things.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
Is this an 'Open Day'? or a 'Offer Visit'?

They are two different things.

It says Visit Day so I assumed it's an Open Day
An Open Day is a public event for anyone thinking of applying.

A Visit Day is by invitation only - and for only those applicants who have been made an offer by that Uni/Dept.

Visit Days are designed to help you make a decision re. your Firm/Insurance. So there will be a general tour of the Dept, opportunities to talk to current students (they usually lead the tours), a group chat from the Admissions Tutor(s) and usually a one-to-one chat with an academic. They aren't interviews so don't get worried - its all designed to tell you what Bristol could offer you. You've already got an offer - they like you! So don't panic about the one-to-one - it really is just a 'chat', not a formal interview. Bring a parent is fine, but lots of people come on their own. And the Visit Days are usually topped off with a bus trip around Bristol - just to show you what a great place it is.

PS> These sort of visits are a great way to practise 'talking to new people' - when you are in a queue to get into a room, or sitting next to another applicant, just talk to them - 'My name is .... I'm from ..... What about you?' These could be the people you will be spending the next 3 years with, and these sort of encounters will make you feel more at home and confident. Try it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
A Visit Day is by invitation only - and for only those applicants who have been made an offer by that Uni/Dept.

Well they haven't given me an offer yet, but they invited me to this Visit Day.
Sounds positive!
Reply 6
Sounds positive!

*fingers crossed* :biggrin: Thank you so much for clarifying this for me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending