The Student Room Group

Help on UCAS application

There are 4 things that I'd like to ask. I sent my UCAS application to my school on Wednesday and my reference has supposedly written up. So my first question is:

1. How can I see the reference once it is done as there is no space or "box" for a reference.

Also I have had somewhat of a breathing problem for over a year now (started around the same time I started AS) and it is not Panic/anxiety since I've had it for over a year (even throughout the summer). Due to this I thought it was a good Idea to apply for a gap year (deferred entry to September 2016). That leads to my second and third questions:

2. What is your opinion on what I should do? Have a deferred entry, or to start in September 2015 and get it over and done with.

3. If I have already sent off my application, can my referee change my date of entry/can I ask her to change it?

Edit: I also forgot to ask:

4. Is it possible for my referee to also change what University I go to as I chose Goldsmiths over Kent for reasons not applicable, but I was wondering if it was possible to change back.

Thanks,
Philip
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nurishment
There are 4 things that I'd like to ask. I sent my UCAS application to my school on Wednesday and my reference has supposedly written up. So my first question is:

1. How can I see the reference once it is done as there is no space or "box" for a reference.

Also I have had somewhat of a breathing problem for over a year now (started around the same time I started AS) and it is not Panic/anxiety since I've had it for over a year (even throughout the summer). Due to this I thought it was a good Idea to apply for a gap year (deferred entry to September 2016). That leads to my second and third questions:

2. What is your opinion on what I should do? Have a deferred entry, or to start in September 2015 and get it over and done with.

3. If I have already sent off my application, can my referee change my date of entry/can I ask her to change it?

Edit: I also forgot to ask:

4. Is it possible for my referee to also change what University I go to as I chose Goldsmiths over Kent for reasons not applicable, but I was wondering if it was possible to change back.

Thanks,
Philip

To answer your first question, most people don't get to see their reference but I think you can see it if you pay UCAS £10? That's what I heard here anyway. I honestly don't know whether you should defer or not but regardless, if your referee hasn't yet submitted their reference, they can send the application back to you. You will need to let them know as soon as possible that this is what you want them to do. If it's sent off, you can't change any of your details. However, as far as I know, you can change your university choices within 7 days of having it sent off.
You can't see your reference unless you ask your teacher to personally read it.

Why do you think you might want to defer?

And you can't change any choices unless you get 5 rejections/turn down all of your offers, at which point you can add another choice.
1. You can pay UCAS to see it or simply ask your referee if you can read it
2. Do you have any plans for a gap year (even if it's just "yeah I want to work and maybe have a week in Ibiza?")? If not, it's probably better to head for direct entry.
3. You can ask for referee to send your application back if they haven't sent it off. Otherwise, you can contact universities directly and ask them to consider you for direct entry. Do this sooner rather than later.
4. As above with the sending back, but if this is too late then you can switch an option from one university to another, provided you applied within the last seven days and the first unviersity have not replied.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to get my head of sixth form to send me back my application and allow me to edit it so I changed my entry dates to September 2015 and changed Goldsmiths back to Kent. I won't be taking a gap year anymore, I'll just try to sort out my breathing problem before then :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending