The Student Room Group

If I send him a message will that scare him off?

There's this guy that I've just realised I'm really into. I thought he liked me but I'm not sure. Here's a break down of the things he does. When he sees me he quickly looks away, I do it too. His friend always acts weird around me and one time he was on the phone and I could hear the conversation and he just said his name and looked at me. My friends keep putting pressure on me to message him or go up to him and start a convo but I'm really apprehensive about it. A few days ago they made it so obvious that I like him. They kept saying his name and stuff when he wasn't to far away from us so he knows I like him. He was walking towards me and then he looked at me and smiled, he opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but didn't and he started whistling instead. I don't know if cos he knows I like him he's going to mess me about. I've had it done to me before and I just can't deal with it again? I won't see him for a few weeks cos of Christmas break and I really want to get talking to him. But if he likes me shouldn't he initiate conversation. I don't want to come across as too eager..:redface:

Scroll to see replies

No you won't scare him off.
Be brave and shoot him a message.
Just talk to him! Life's too short to brother about rejection! Just go and say hi! :P

The worst that can happen is that he won't be that much into you, and so what? Plenty for fish in the sea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt that'll scare him off or most other guys in this situation. I guess he might be worried about rejection & stuff to initiate so you could, if he's decent then he'll still be civil even if he's not interested, sometimes you just gotta go for it instead of waiting & wondering what if...
Reply 5
Original post by Multitalented me
I doubt that'll scare him off or most other guys in this situation. I guess he might be worried about rejection & stuff to initiate so you could, if he's decent then he'll still be civil even if he's not interested, sometimes you just gotta go for it instead of waiting & wondering what if...

If it were you and you received s message from a girl that you know obviously likes you, how would you feel?
Reply 6
Original post by Paulska_
Just talk to him! Life's too short to brother about rejection! Just go and say hi! :P

The worst that can happen is that he won't be that much into you, and so what? Plenty for fish in the sea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My only fear is that he'll tell his mates and I'll have to see them everyday knowing that their laughing at me. He's also 4 years older than me so I really don't know why he'd be interested.
Original post by Anonymous
If it were you and you received s message from a girl that you know obviously likes you, how would you feel?
I'd feel flattered really :smile:
All you're doing is sending him a simple message. If that scares him off (Which it shouldn't) then quite frankly that's his missed opportunity.
Reply 9
Original post by Multitalented me
I'd feel flattered really :smile:

Good to know.:smile:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
All you're doing is sending him a simple message. If that scares him off (Which it shouldn't) then quite frankly that's his missed opportunity.

Reply 11
Tbh you should definitely do it (I'm a guy). Say it does scare him off... it would NEVER have worked anyway so you truly have nothing to lose.
Original post by Audi
Tbh you should definitely do it (I'm a guy). Say it does scare him off... it would NEVER have worked anyway so you truly have nothing to lose.

Yeah I'm gonna do it what have I got to lose besides him! Thanks guys.:smile:
My only fear is that he'll tell his mates and I'll have to see them everyday knowing that their laughing at me. He's also 4 years older than me so I really don't know why he'd be interested.

You mustn't care what other people think, if you speak to him and they laugh what's their problem? They don't have nice confident girls approaching them on a daily basis! As I say life's too short to worry about rejection and embarrassment, grab every opportunity with both hands :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mustn't care what other people think, if you speak to him and they laugh what's their problem? They don't have nice confident girls approaching them on a daily basis! As I say life's too short to worry about rejection and embarrassment, grab every opportunity with both hands :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And I will hopefully all goes well.:smile::biggrin:

i have the same problem except he is a year older. dunno what to do either.tell me when there is a soulution. btw life is too shot to be worried bout things. this is natural. who knows, he might like you too!
scares him off he's not a bloody deer
Original post by louieee
scares him off he's not a bloody deer

Ok then makes him not like me.
Ok then makes him not like me.

what

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my friend to do it for me. He hasn't replied yet.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending