The Student Room Group

TSR Indian Society - MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CVK Abhiroop
Hey man stereotypes are true so its hard :frown: Indian parents are really hard to deal with, like mine don't want me to date till im like 35 or something so its really hard dealing with them haha. Tbh there's very little you can do to suddenly win their heart, but if you're talking about her, then maybe you could apologise, not perhaps cause you're the one who was wrong but perhaps cause you wanna show her that her friendship would mean alot to you. Maybe small gestures? Take it step by step man all the best!

Cheers man. Ah I'm sorry must be hard for you. Yeah I'm so confused (see what I said to cupcakes) I don't know how to break the ice :s-smilie: also I'm not even sure how to apologise, like you say I have done nothing wrong, at elast nothing wrong that I have not already apologised for. I'm not trying to re-initiate the relationship because I know she can't (and she may not want to anyway), also given my various problems I am not confidfent, mature or stable enough for one right now anyway. However I would love to have her back in my life as mates the way we were. I sense it'll never be 100% 'just friends' as it was a close friendship...

Original post by cupcakes87
woo! Congratulations on your offer¬ :biggrin: aww! fingers crossed itll all go well! :smile: was the interview here or in, was it Singapore? :redface: i cant remember!

aaah! makes sense! :smile:

idk! it all depends on her i guess :redface:

well basically when we met up it got a bit emotional as I was trying to explain what might happen if I get paranoid (not pretty). I do not want to hurt her (emotionally that is, I'm no abuser!!!) She thought it may be best if I don't help her with her problems whcih she contacted me for help with initially. We were texting each other for like 6 weeks after that but it slowly died down as I think we both felt awkward. She wished me happy birthday in early December but I had to wish her happy Christmas, she didn't text me first then. I texted saying I had a present for her on the 23rd December, but she didn't respond. I thought I saw her get off a bus coming in from town on Christmas Eve, so I'm sure she got the text. Christmas was the last time we were in touch.

She's in third year, I didn't want to get in the way of her exams so made no contact then and now I'm...a little scared to do so too. I don't know how to break the ice :s-smilie: I looked through our old Facebook conversations for the first time in a year a few nights ago. I can see that things went wrong directly in line with the spike of my anxiety/depression and a few other things. I won't lie I still have some feelings for her, but not unbearable pain of loss over the relationship. I was never sure that it'd work out. I do miss her company though. It'd be really nice to be friends. I'm hoping we've both moved on a little. I'm so confused
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Cheers man. Ah I'm sorry must be hard for you. Yeah I'm so confused (see what I said to cupcakes) I don't know how to break the ice :s-smilie: also I'm not even sure how to apologise, like you say I have done nothing wrong, at elast nothing wrong that I have not already apologised for. I'm not trying to re-initiate the relationship because I know she can't (and she may not want to anyway), also given my various problems I am not confidfent, mature or stable enough for one right now anyway. However I would love to have her back in my life as mates the way we were. I sense it'll never be 100% 'just friends' as it was a close friendship...

well basically when we met up it got a bit emotional as I was trying to explain what might happen if I get paranoid (not pretty). I do not want to hurt her (emotionally that is, I'm no abuser!!!) She thought it may be best if I don't help her with her problems whcih she contacted me for help with initially. We were texting each other for like 6 weeks after that but it slowly died down as I think we both felt awkward. She wished me happy birthday in early December but I had to wish her happy Christmas, she didn't text me first then. I texted saying I had a present for her on the 23rd December, but she didn't respond. I thought I saw her get off a bus coming in from town on Christmas Eve, so I'm sure she got the text. Christmas was the last time we were in touch.

She's in third year, I didn't want to get in the way of her exams so made no contact then and now I'm...a little scared to do so too. I don't know how to break the ice :s-smilie: I looked through our old Facebook conversations for the first time in a year a few nights ago. I can see that things went wrong directly in line with the spike of my anxiety/depression and a few other things. I won't lie I still have some feelings for her, but not unbearable pain of loss over the relationship. I was never sure that it'd work out. I do miss her company though. It'd be really nice to be friends. I'm hoping we've both moved on a little. I'm so confused

Haha man well maybe its time to move on, yaknow? Maybe she wants you to move on given what you said. Maybe she knows you'll get hurt and she'll get hurt if you try to go too close, and is keeping her distance. I guess you gotta realise that it MIGHT NOT ever be the same, its harsh but it could be true :frown: Like believe me I know how you feel right now, cause I feel the same about this other friend of mine, but hey maybe it was never meant to be. Just gotta move on, find new people, make new friends new relations. Its probably for the best :smile:
:colonhash:
Haha man well maybe its time to move on, yaknow? Maybe she wants you to move on given what you said. Maybe she knows you'll get hurt and she'll get hurt if you try to go too close, and is keeping her distance. I guess you gotta realise that it MIGHT NOT ever be the same, its harsh but it could be true :frown: Like believe me I know how you feel right now, cause I feel the same about this other friend of mine, but hey maybe it was never meant to be. Just gotta move on, find new people, make new friends new relations. Its probably for the best :smile:

you might be right, I thought that originally but she specifically came to ask me for help late last year after 4 month's NC with stuff I can't disclose :/ it was me who said No.

I'm still confused :tongue:

Sorry to hear about the awkwardness with your friend too...:smile:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
you might be right, I thought that originally but she specifically came to ask me for help late last year after 4 month's NC with stuff I can't disclose :/ it was me who said No.

I'm still confused :tongue:

Sorry to hear about the awkwardness with your friend too...:smile:

Haha we all gotta live through it man all the best :smile:
This thread is dead. :rip:
:rip:
Original post by moment of truth
This thread is dead. :rip:

You just say this every few weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
You just say this every few weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's true though lol.
It's true though lol.

Hahah hey sup man hows life! Keeping up with the WC?
Hahah hey sup man hows life! Keeping up with the WC?

I'm doing alright, how are you? and yeahh definitely! you? excited for the next India match! :biggrin:
I'm doing alright, how are you? and yeahh definitely! you? excited for the next India match! :biggrin:

Yup im good too :biggrin: Ind pak was good haha but i liked todays NZ vs Eng more! NZ's fielding is suchhhhh a joy to watch! And brendan and southee put on a brilliant show too
Yup im good too :biggrin: Ind pak was good haha but i liked todays NZ vs Eng more! NZ's fielding is suchhhhh a joy to watch! And brendan and southee put on a brilliant show too

NZ annihilated ENG haha. NZ are playing some really good cricket at the moment.

Yeh man, tbh ind SA may be one sided, but next weeks Aussie/NZ will fosure be a brilliant display of cricket
cricket talk! :biggrin:
Yeh man, tbh ind SA may be one sided, but next weeks Aussie/NZ will fosure be a brilliant display of cricket

One sided in favour of?
I think its gonna be pretty close. :colone:

Annihilated isn't even the word.. Southee was well on point

I hope nz destroy australia :colonhash:
Original post by TheBBQ
Annihilated isn't even the word.. Southee was well on point

I hope nz destroy australia :colonhash:

He was indeed. He is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He was indeed. He is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No tv license so I'm here waiting for game updates looll
Original post by TheBBQ
No tv license so I'm here waiting for game updates looll

Loool, can't you watch online if you wanted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest