The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
30m is because it's a transfer within two PL sides and even worse it's in the January window. It's quite obvious Bony isn't a 30m player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what way? His goalscoring record is incredible really, outscored everyone in 2014 and not to take the piss but if Welbeck was a bargain at £16 million Bony is a bargain at £30 million.
I think it's more hilarious that Pellegrini was talking about not buying due to FFP then they spend £30m. They open an Academy which is supposed to be bring in young talent, yet they begin to undermine it by splashing £30m on Bony. Pozo might not be good enough but surely has to be given games. Fact Milner has played as striker says it all.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
In what way? His goalscoring record is incredible really, outscored everyone in 2014 and not to take the piss but if Welbeck was a bargain at £16 million Bony is a bargain at £30 million.

Too bait

Posted from TSR Mobile
DDG
Raf Varane Hummels Shaw
Blind
Gundogan Herrera
Rooney
Messi Di Maria

I can hear the warchest opening :coma:
Original post by Aky786UK
I think it's more hilarious that Pellegrini was talking about not buying due to FFP then they spend £30m. They open an Academy which is supposed to be bring in young talent, yet they begin to undermine it by splashing £30m on Bony. Pozo might not be good enough but surely has to be given games. Fact Milner has played as striker says it all.

Not really. If Pozo ain't good enough then he's not good enough giving him games is going to be detrimental to a title challenge, you think Wilson would be getting games if you lots aims were to win the title and nothing else?
Rafael has to stay, he's one of few with United dna. Played with his heart on his sleeve under Moyes unlike 90% of the squad.

Bony scored 46 in 65 in Holland and now has 25 in 54 here. Welbeck has scored 30 league goals in about 130 games (albeit a fair amount on the wing). Pray tell how it is bait.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rafael has to stay, he's one of few with United dna. Played with his heart on his sleeve under Moyes unlike 90% of the squad.
There is no point selling him, but he can't be first choice with his current injury record.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Bony scored 46 in 65 in Holland and now has 25 in 4 here. Welbeck has scored 30 league goals in about 130 games (albeit a fair amount on the wing). Pray tell how it is bait.
Should have bought/10

We lost our identity when we sold Dat Guy.
Original post by jam277
Negredo is leaving at the end of the season, Valencia have an automatic clause to buy.
Jovetic is a second striker, Aguero is a second striker.
Dzeko is most likely going to be replaced and due to injury problems City have no striker.

I see Bony basically playing like Dzeko has done for the past few seasons, inconsistent over the course of a season but still be of a required quality.

Don't know why they're getting rid of Negredo and why they loaned him out in the first place. He was amazing at City from what I remember.
Original post by qasidb
Don't know why they're getting rid of Negredo and why they loaned him out in the first place. He was amazing at City from what I remember.

Went off form second half of season and was dropped. I think he was a bit homesick too and they got a good profit on him considering he's 30 years old at the start of next season in la liga.

Rafael's back in training on Friday.
We're going to become the new Arsenal of the league with our injuries this season, i'd say we're worse already people just havent realised it yet as Arsenal have been like that for years

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess the good thing is even if he's not in an ideal state to play matches, a fractured cheekbone doesn't really stop him from training or even being on the bench.

INB4 Rafael=Anderson
Saw this on my Twitter as well, totally fell for it for a second :colonhash:

Original post by Louis.
INB4 Rafael=Anderson

Anderson has to stay, he's one of few with United dna. Played with his heart and head on his beef under Moyes unlike 90% of the squad.
Original post by jam277
Anderson has to stay, he's one of few with United dna. Played with his heart and head on his beef under Moyes unlike 90% of the squad.

Just like Torres under you guys yeah. Man I wish I could watch tomorrow's game gonna be a big one.
Think Anderson just misunderstood what SAF meant about staying hungry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

I agree, he should stay. I love Ando.

Latest