The Student Room Group

Would you datesomeone who does drugs?

I really like this guy on my course but have heard on the grapevine he does drugs on nights out? Have no idea how to deal with this because it might only be hearsay but if its its true do I still date him ? What do others think ?

Scroll to see replies

No I wouldn't.
No and if you don't want to you don't have to. :smile:
I would

As long as the drugs don't affect the relationship then what's the issue?
What drugs are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I really like this guy on my course but have heard on the grapevine he does drugs on nights out? Have no idea how to deal with this because it might only be hearsay but if its its true do I still date him ? What do others think ?

Nope! He'll end up influencing you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWv9fZokqaU

It's your choice OP, just as some people prefer people of different hair colours :tongue: You don't have to justify it to anyone else
What's so bad about drugs?
It doesn't sound like he's addicted, or as if it's ****ing up his personality, so why do you have a problem with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
How can you compare drugs to hair colour :confused:
Honestly I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, things can get out of hand with drugs
Reply 9
Original post by moment of truth
What drugs are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Party drugs I think ?
Original post by Teuta.H
How can you compare drugs to hair colour :confused:
Honestly I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, things can get out of hand with drugs

It was an analogy.

People often say people are being too fussy for not dating someone who does drugs, but the point is that it's their choice even if it seems "fussy." (Same with something like hair colour).
Reply 11
Original post by Morrisseya
It was an analogy.

People often say people are being too fussy for not dating someone who does drugs, but the point is that it's their choice even if it seems "fussy." (Same with something like hair colour).

Ah okay, sorry if I came across as 'lashing out' (if that even makes sense). Yeah obv its their choice but its a bloody risky one I'd say
Original post by Anonymous
Party drugs I think ?

Probably ecstasy then, which is really not much of a big deal if it's only once in a while. So I would. If it was a mad heroin addiction, probably no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Nope, it's unattractive to me. Instant put off
Yeah I would, it's not something I would do but if it doesn't cause him problems then I have no issue with it.
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Nope, it's unattractive to me. Instant put off

Even if the guy is like a cocaine drug lord and he can buy you anything in the world you want?
No thank you...have no problems being friends though.
No, although I think some drugs should be legalised etc- I wouldn't want to associate with someone who is a drug taker.
Original post by moment of truth
What drugs are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crime drugs.
that would put me off her right away. Drugs are a mug's game.

Quick Reply

Latest