The Student Room Group

Is it bad to not attend university post-offer open days?

I just don't have time...I've been to the normal open days though
Original post by lightningdoritos

Well, they can't take the offer from you and you've seen what they have to offer. These days are for the university to try to persuade you to firm them. It's up to you whether you want to go or not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Well, they can't take the offer from you and you've seen what they have to offer. These days are for the university to try to persuade you to firm them. It's up to you whether you want to go or not.

Okay thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lightningdoritos

I can't go to mine and I've never even visited. I doubt they expect a 100% attendance rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am putting Exeter down as firm and insurance. As it was a 7 hour journey down there, and cost nearly £400, I won't be going to the post offer day. The open day was so fabulous, with all the lecturers present, and available after the subject talk for questions, that I completely feel that I've made the right decision.
Original post by louisewestlake
I am putting Exeter down as firm and insurance. As it was a 7 hour journey down there, and cost nearly £400, I won't be going to the post offer day. The open day was so fabulous, with all the lecturers present, and available after the subject talk for questions, that I completely feel that I've made the right decision.
it shouldnt cost you anything like that by booking in advance. where are you travelling from. if from Newcastle try booking an advance fare Newcastle to London then London to Exeter. alternatively flybe fly Newcastle to Exeter try national rail for rail fares or flybe for airfare. I have checked for a couple of people a couple of weeks ago and it was a fraction of this cost
Original post by swanseajack1
it shouldnt cost you anything like that by booking in advance. where are you travelling from. if from Newcastle try booking an advance fare Newcastle to London then London to Exeter. alternatively flybe fly Newcastle to Exeter try national rail for rail fares or flybe for airfare. I have checked for a couple of people a couple of weeks ago and it was a fraction of this cost

It was because we had to take the sleeper from London on a Friday night as my mum works in a school. I couldn't do the summer open day as I was on a charity expedition in India at the time. I know that there are cheaper options, but unfortunately we didn't have a choice
Original post by louisewestlake
It was because we had to take the sleeper from London on a Friday night as my mum works in a school. I couldn't do the summer open day as I was on a charity expedition in India at the time. I know that there are cheaper options, but unfortunately we didn't have a choice

I did a costing for 2 people on here for a wednesday in feb and it worked out something like £50 return by train. flights are about £30 each way
Yes but we weren't going on a Wednesday in February, we had to go on a Friday night on the sleeper and that is how much it cost, couldn't find it cheaper when we booked it on any websites.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending