The Student Room Group

Your predictions for 2015!

What will happen internationally and here in the UK in 2015?

* Who will win the UK General Election in May - will there even be a clear winner?

* Will ISIS (or ISIL - it never seems quite clear) get a pasting - or will they survive and thrive to commit yet further mayhem?

* The US 2016 Presidential Election will draw closer and a likely candidate should emerge on both sides. Will it be Hilary Clinton for the Democrats?

* Will Russia hit the economic buffers hard? Can Putin survive as leader?

* Will China face new challenges to the one-party rule? Will they respond with further repression?

All these and many more issues confront us as we pass the New Year.

Please give your interesting predictions for the year ahead. :colondollar:

All views welcome! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Misandry from feminists will keep getting worse :frown:
Original post by MarriageSucks
Misandry from feminists will keep getting worse :frown:

By 'misandry from feminists', I assume you mean 'any woman who says stuff that you don't like'?
By misogyny from misandrists', I assume you mean 'any man who says stuff that you don't like'?

See what I did there?
I have seen this posted several times. You both need to look for new material.
We will have the wettest Autumn since records began.
Lone wolf Islamist terror attacks will increase.
Another hung parliament.
Reply 5
Tories will be the largest party in vote share.

Tories will take all 3 Scottish border seats.

Russia will annex another Ukraine region.

The third quarter of 2015 will see both the deployment of ground forces to Iraq and Syria and an interest rate rise.
Queen will die and Chelsea will win the league :ninja:
Original post by little_wizard123
Queen will die and Chelsea will win the league :ninja:

I think she's got a few more years left. But hopefully the second one is right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will be a hung parliament, probably Conservative largest party, a backroom deal no one else is privvy to will form the basis of another stable government.

Both the UKIP and Greens will get higher vote share than Lib Dems, but Lib Dems will take key seats and have more MPs

US 2016 candidates will be Jedd Bush and Hilary Clinton in the most epic lack of political awareness of the decade.

Russia's economy will not get better and Putin will run around annexing parts of Ukraine, Georgia and anywhere else he can get to prove he can still do something right.

Security services in he US and UK will go on all out assault against tech companies regarding the control of people's data, the people concerned will have absolutely no influence in any such debate.

The EU will stop pandering to the UK's indecisiveness, making the likelihood of a referendum higher.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by mojojojo101

US 2016 candidates will be Jedd Bush and Hilary Clinton in the most epic lack of political awareness of the decade.

It's Jeb Bush, not Jedd and it's Hillary not Hilary. Hillary will be a good candidate, not politically unaware. You're thinking of Sarah Palin.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
What will happen internationally and here in the UK in 2015?

* Who will win the UK General Election in May - will there even be a clear winner?

* Will ISIS (or ISIL - it never seems quite clear) get a pasting - or will they survive and thrive to commit yet further mayhem?

* The US 2016 Presidential Election will draw closer and a likely candidate should emerge on both sides. Will it be Hilary Clinton for the Democrats?

* Will Russia hit the economic buffers hard? Can Putin survive as leader?

* Will China face new challenges to the one-party rule? Will they respond with further repression?

All these and many more issues confront us as we pass the New Year.

Please give your interesting predictions for the year ahead. :colondollar:

All views welcome! :biggrin:

Russia will be hit hard by the economic sanctions, the countries suffering will ease by the end of the year, Putin will survive.
ISIS will continue to spread maybe even as far as Saudi Arabia, attacking oil fields there.

In terms of science and technology:
We will get suspended animation used for the first time to save a life.
"Disaster robots" will be used.
we will see Pluto for the first time close up.
We will make further strides in combating climate change.
Original post by Viceroy
It's Jeb Bush, not Jedd and it's Hillary not Hilary. Hillary will be a good candidate, not politically unaware. You're thinking of Sarah Palin.

I tend to distrust political dynasty's
Ukraine will join NATO. Russia rightfully threatened will make the first move.
The economy will continue to grow and people will still complain as they want the government to borrow more to finance unsustainable public spending.
1. Chelsea will win the league
2. Real Madrid will win the Champions League again
3. A high profile Premier League manager will be sacked
4. There will be another terrorist attack in a Western country
5. Labour will win the General Election in 2015

Original post by Fullofsurprises
By 'misandry from feminists', I assume you mean 'any woman who says stuff that you don't like'?

Why ask for the opinion of others when you're only going to correct what they say? Ironically, you have just corrected him for saying something you didn't like. Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.
Russell Brand revealed to be Sacha Baron Cohen's greatest character yet...
Reply 16
Original post by Time Tourist
Russell Brand revealed to be Sacha Baron Cohen's greatest character yet...

I would love this to be true :daydreaming:
Reply 17
get a satisfying score in ielts
Original post by Viceroy

My point was that with so much distrust for politics in America and Washington in particular, pretty much the worst thing you could do is pick 2 candidates who are from well established political families.
I suspect Iraqi government, Iraqi Kurds, Syrian Kurdish groups, Syrian rebels and Syrian government will all go on the offensive against ISIS at some point, with some sides supported by coalition air strikes. If it fails it could bolster ISIS, which could go on to advance even further or consolidate the areas they already hold.

Jihadists reported to have links to Islamic State are already present in parts of Libya. With all the BS going on in that country at the moment, ISIS affiliated groups may advance in Libya at some time in the next year.

UKIP will get a handful of seats in the general election, but I think the debate over proportional representation vs first past the post may be reignited. I can imagine UKIP getting more votes than the Lib Dems, but far fewer seats.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending