The Student Room Group

The Best Student Cities: Why Bigger Isn’t Better

This article questions the idea that bigger and more expensive cities are the best place for students to study.

http://www.danvineberg.com/best-student-cities-bigger-isnt-better/

So which do you prefer? Life studying in a big city or a smaller city?

I welcome any feedback, so if you have any comments or questions let me know!
It probably depends upon the individual student's personality:smile: Coming from a city with 30 000 citizens in Denmark, I think I'd be comfortable in small to medium size citites - I believe I might feel lost in a big city. How about you?
I prefer the city, but I certainly wouldn't like somewhere like london.
Reply 3
Original post by Rikke1996
It probably depends upon the individual student's personality:smile: Coming from a city with 30 000 citizens in Denmark, I think I'd be comfortable in small to medium size citites - I believe I might feel lost in a big city. How about you?

What you grow up with definitely influences what you want when you move away from home! I think big cities are great to visit or live in for a little while, but they seem cooler from the outside than from the inside. When you live in a big city, you need money to make the most of it. If you don't have cash to burn it just means you have a smaller home and it takes longer to get places!
Well it's Imo a strange idea that wouldn't occur to people unless someone had made up a ranking table.

Being in a large expensive city where you can't walk between your housing and uni isn't really offset by having dozens of Michelin starred restraunts you can't afford to visit.
I also agree that a small city is the best. I live in Newcastle and find it just right as there's loads of places to go yet I don't need to use public transport to get about.
My current city is the largest I've ever lived in and it isn't that big. I can easily run into someone I know anywhere in the city or find someone who I have a mutual friend with. But that being said, I'm moving to Manchester in September and it will definitely be a huge change. I'm slightly anxious but more so excited to try something new.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Big cities for me please. I'm too used to the london lifestyle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending