The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Bath uni for Economics

I will have guaranteed offers from both bath and Bristol as long as I attend their summer school.

I only want to apply to one of them, however cannot choose which one would be better, course wise they are both similar/I personally don’t mind them both.

The main thing I want to base my choice off of is employability after graduation, I want to get into finance/banking. Which of the two would look better in the future when applying for jobs?
Reply 1
Have you applied this year - or is this about a 2024 application?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Have you applied this year - or is this about a 2024 application?

Reply 3
The big plus for Bath is the placement system which is probably the best in the UK.

Bath is also smaller and has a good community feel to campus - Bristol is much bigger and the campus is more spread out across the city centre- and Bristol has an ongoing shortage of 2nd/3rd year accommodation.

Reputation for Economics = about the same.
Reply 4
The big plus for Bath is the placement system which is probably the best in the UK.

Bath is also smaller and has a good community feel to campus - Bristol is much bigger and the campus is more spread out across the city centre- and Bristol has an ongoing shortage of 2nd/3rd year accommodation.

Reputation for Economics = about the same.

Would the fact that bath is placed much lower internationally in the rankings, affect job prospects?
Reply 5
Original post by Enzic
Would the fact that bath is placed much lower internationally in the rankings, affect job prospects?

Ranking are a load of nonsense - and the specific brand name of your Uni is essentially meaningless as employers don't read them. Both Unis are targets for major employers.
Reply 6
Ranking are a load of nonsense - and the specific brand name of your Uni is essentially meaningless as employers don't read them. Both Unis are targets for major employers.

Alr thanks, but icl this jus means that I have no overall preference between the two 💀Theyre both my safe options so which one would you recommend I go with, and I’m only keeping one safe option. And applying to both would be a waste.
Reply 7
Only you can work this out - they are very different Unis, and the courses will not be 'the same'.

The big plus for Bath is the placement system - its probably one of the best in the UK - and this experience adds enormously to your graduate CV. Its also a smaller, campus Uni - Bristol is much bigger and spread out across the city centre.

Are you a UK student? Go to Open Days at both if you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending