The Student Room Group

Could this be an early sign of pregnancy?

Sorry if this is a bit tmi...

Over the last few weeks I've had sex a few times using a condom as the only form of contraception (I only met my bf a month or so ago and everything moved a bit fast so I'm not on the pill). Nothing untoward happened, and the condom certainly didn't tear or slip off.

However, this morning I went to the toilet to find I had some brown discharge, and I've also been getting some period-type cramps, but my period isn't due for another eight days. As I've never had anything like this before and as I'm a hypochondriac, I googled it and 'early pregnancy implantation bleeding' came up. Is this something I need to be concerned about - it's another week until I can take a pregnancy test? Not sure I can wait that long? I can't exactly talk to my boyfriend about this as we're away from uni for Christmas and he's over 400 miles away. Does anybody have any experience of this?
It could be, but honestly its most likely just your hormones/period being weird for no reason. Even if they're usually regular, this can happen.

Try not to worry about it as this could mess it up more, but the only thing thats going to ease your mind 100% is taking a pregnancy test as soon as you can.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
It could be, but honestly its most likely just your hormones/period being weird for no reason. Even if they're usually regular, this can happen.

Try not to worry about it as this could mess it up more, but the only thing thats going to ease your mind 100% is taking a pregnancy test as soon as you can.

My period came on a week early so I guess I'm not pregnant! My cycle just must have messed up for some reason... Thanks for the advice anyway :colondollar: I really need to stop worrying about everything so much
Original post by Anonymous
My period came on a week early so I guess I'm not pregnant! My cycle just must have messed up for some reason... Thanks for the advice anyway :colondollar: I really need to stop worrying about everything so much

No worries. Its just one of those things that happens from time to time i think. Mine was 10 days late a few months back for no apparent reason.
Original post by Anonymous

And I trust you have made arrangements to go on the Pill?
Reply 5
Original post by pickup
And I trust you have made arrangements to go on the Pill?

I have, yes! I'm not making that mistake again

Quick Reply

Latest