The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Adult Nursing 2015 students

Hi,

My name is Vicky and i'm starting my adult nursing course in september. I was just wondering if there is anybody else who has had an offer too? I just wanted to get to know a few people, whom I will be studying alongside. Cheesy I know, but it will be nice to sort of know people when we start.

Hope everybody had a good xams and Happy New Year!

Vicky
Reply 1
Hi Vicky!

Congratulations on your offer! I actually have an interview for Surrey in a couple of weeks, and I'm doing some research on how to prepare! Do you have any advice? I know that Surrey to MMI's, but I've only ever experienced group interviews before. Also did you have any other interviews that you can compare to? Lots of questions I know, but I'm very nervous and Surrey is my top choice!

Thanks your help!

Hats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Hi vicky

I have an offer at surrey for adult nursing too starting in september!
are you studying at the moment?

tabz
Hi all,
I also have an interview at Surrey in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for any advice on how to prepare for MMI. I've done a lot of online research but only really found sources applicable to medical school applicants instead of prospective nurses. Got any tips?
Reply 4
Congratulations on your interview, the MMI wasnt as bad as what i thought it would be. I would just say be yourself, i expect the questions will probably be different in your interview but they also asked me what influenced me in my decision to become a nurse. The maths and english were also okay and the staff were all lovely you didnt feel like you were under pressure. Good luck in your interview im sure you will be fine
Original post by Tabz1993
Congratulations on your interview, the MMI wasnt as bad as what i thought it would be. I would just say be yourself, i expect the questions will probably be different in your interview but they also asked me what influenced me in my decision to become a nurse. The maths and english were also okay and the staff were all lovely you didnt feel like you were under pressure. Good luck in your interview im sure you will be fine

Thanks for the advice and congratulations on your offer! I feel a little less nervous now knowing that its not very very pressurised. Hopefully everything will go smoothly :smile: how long was it between your interview and when they offered you a place??
Reply 6
It was about 10days before i heard back from them. Will surrey be your first choice then?
It was about 10days before i heard back from them. Will surrey be your first choice then?

That's not too long then!! Less anxious waiting at least :smile:
Nottingham is my very top choice but I don't want to get too attached to a place and then not be offered a place if you see what I mean. So I would be very happy at any of my choices (I have one offer so far) but I would say that Surrey comes in at joint second with Birmingham City. What about you?? Is Surrey top of your list?? :smile:
Reply 8
Yes surrey is my first choice, I have already accepted my offer for september. Im so glad that all the interviews are over with now and that I applied early at least its all out of the way now.
Yes surrey is my first choice, I have already accepted my offer for september. Im so glad that all the interviews are over with now and that I applied early at least its all out of the way now.

It's great that you definitely know where you're going!! Where else did you apply?
Reply 10
Original post by Sunrise_17
It's great that you definitely know where you're going!! Where else did you apply?

I applied for southampton, cardiff, oxford brookes and bournemouth. Heard back fairly quickly from all uni's. What about you were else did you apply?
I applied for southampton, cardiff, oxford brookes and bournemouth. Heard back fairly quickly from all uni's. What about you were else did you apply?

That's a really nice mix :smile:
I applied to Birmingham City, Nottingham, City University London and Kings College London :smile:
Reply 12
That's a really nice mix :smile:
I applied to Birmingham City, Nottingham, City University London and Kings College London :smile:

I had my interview on Monday and was offered a place the next day. I'm so excited as this was my first choice!
Original post by Laurabr
I had my interview on Monday and was offered a place the next day. I'm so excited as this was my first choice!

Wow!! Congratulations!!! What was the interview like I'm a bit nervous for mine next week!!
Reply 14
Wow!! Congratulations!!! What was the interview like I'm a bit nervous for mine next week!!

The Maths and English were fairly easy and self explanatory, much easier than the one I had at Southampton uni.

The MMI's were more relaxed than I thought they would be and everyone was really lovely and welcoming.

Good luck and don't worry too much :smile:
Original post by Laurabr
The Maths and English were fairly easy and self explanatory, much easier than the one I had at Southampton uni.

The MMI's were more relaxed than I thought they would be and everyone was really lovely and welcoming.

Good luck and don't worry too much :smile:

Phew. This makes me feel a little better. Is there anything/any ways you suggest to prepare?
Reply 16
Phew. This makes me feel a little better. Is there anything/any ways you suggest to prepare?

The English and maths was just common sense and for the mmi' s just think before you speak and remember there are no right or wrong answers they just want to hear your logic, opinions and how you present yourself. If you have got this far you have done great they said x
Original post by Laurabr
The English and maths was just common sense and for the mmi' s just think before you speak and remember there are no right or wrong answers they just want to hear your logic, opinions and how you present yourself. If you have got this far you have done great they said x

Ahh OK thank you!!
Reply 18
Hi,

I am applying for child nursing for sep 2016, what kind of questions on the MMI do they ask like just a few details would be fine. Im having a panic attack as Im really not good at talking and I feel like Im gonna 'word vomit' off topic. Was the maths and english easy or hard? I am just really worried about the MMI! Do they also do one on one interview? HELP! Surrey is one of my choices. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending