The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dude its the alcohol which causes a hangover! Doesn't matter what the rest of the drink is composed of. Try not mixing your drinks, or drinking lots of water in between drinks, but ultimately the only way to avoid a hangover is not to drink alcoholic drinks at all.
Reply 2
djk_99
Dude its the alcohol which causes a hangover! Doesn't matter what the rest of the drink is composed of. Try not mixing your drinks, or drinking lots of water in between drinks, but ultimately the only way to avoid a hangover is not to drink alcoholic drinks at all.

yeh I realise, but there must be some drinks that give you worse hangovers than others! Also, I heard there is a special Wine that doesn't give you hangover, think its quite expensive though.
I find turning up for uni still drunk works quite well...
Reply 4
icantthinkofacoolusername
I find turning up for uni still drunk works quite well...

:ditto: makes everything so much more entertaining.
squirly
:ditto: makes everything so much more entertaining.

Stats will never be entertaining...

Does make someone throwing a rubber brain at you absolutely hilarious though...
Reply 6
hahaha
From howstuffworks.com

Howstuffworks.com
Different types of alcohol can result in different hangover symptoms. This is because some types of alcoholic drink have a higher concentration of congeners, byproducts of fermentation in some alcohol.

The greatest amounts of these toxins are found in red wine and dark liquors such as bourbon, brandy, whiskey and tequila. White wine and clear liquors such as rum, vodka and gin have fewer congeners and therefore cause less frequent and less severe hangovers. In one study, 33 percent of those who drank an amount of bourbon relative to their body weight reported severe hangover, compared to 3 percent of those who drank the same amount of vodka.

Because different alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, liquor, etc.) have different congeners, combining the various impurities can result in particularly sever hangover symptoms. Additionally, the carbonation in beer actually speeds up the absorption of alcohol. As a result, following beer with liquor gives the body even less time than usual to process the toxins.

Hope this helps.
^ and then plenty of water when you get back, and some munch
and water alongside drinking alcohol if you can be bothered
Reply 9
Have vodka, lime and soda. The soda water rehydrates as the vodka dehydrates.

I have the most disgusting hangovers whatever I drink, even in reasonably small amounts, but since discovering vodka lime and soda the effects are much more manageable! :p:
I drank loads of beer yesterday and this morning I was feeling better than in a while.

Could just still be drunk....
i dont get hangovers (yay)

or maybe im smart enough to drink water before sleep?

no idea, try lighter drinks or even alcopops...
Just throw up after you've finished your partying. Always works....
^ hmm great suggestion...

Would be better to drink plenty of water when you get home and eat something starchy to help your body process the alcohol. Should help you feel less rough the next day!
Reply 14
dnbhead
I'm out tomorrow for a birthday and I know its going to be a big one, but I get the worst hangovers which last until I go to bed the next day and I'm in Uni most of the next day. Anyone know alcoholic drinks that affect you less in terms of hangover? I really don't fancy being rough all day!!

Vimto.

P.s. If you don't drink much, then you'll be okay... know your limits my friend :cool:
Reply 15
If it is good champagne, then yes. But then I don't really get hangovers.
Reply 16
I dont get hangovers, or rarely. i only get them when i forget to do these things: (and ive even tested it, i.e forgot to take them).

Take a vitamin tablet or two before going out, and a glass of water. I dont bother with fruit drinks because it would feel weird later.

Drink to your limit.

Go home, eat a banana, take another 2 vitamin tablets, and a pint of water (if not more), and bring some water to bed with you. youll probably wake up needing a drink anyway, I do all the time even when not drunk.

works every time, you will feel a bit laggy in the morning obviously but without the gurgling stomach, queezyness, and headache.
Reply 17
dnbhead
yeh I realise, but there must be some drinks that give you worse hangovers than others! Also, I heard there is a special Wine that doesn't give you hangover, think its quite expensive though.

i generally find that good wine, say £7-8 or above, is less likely to give you a hangover.
Reply 18
ellewoods
Have vodka, lime and soda. The soda water rehydrates as the vodka dehydrates.

I have the most disgusting hangovers whatever I drink, even in reasonably small amounts, but since discovering vodka lime and soda the effects are much more manageable! :p:

Yup, i drink vodka, lime and lemonade all night and only really get hangovers if i mix. But vodka is definitely your best shot in my op., less of a hangover and so many options of mixers so you're not going to get bored with one drink all night!
Reply 19
just get Leathered itll all be worth it the next day, i find the more u drink the more ur body gets used to it and the hangover seems less :biggrin: :bang:

Latest