The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Firmers?

Hi,

Has anyone else firmed Nottingham University? I have for Industrial Economics. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Indeed I have too :smile: Are you thinking of accommodation? I want to go self-catered but I'm not sure to go Raleigh Park or Broadgate Park :s-smilie:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have for pharmacy! :smile:
Original post by LukePearce
Indeed I have too :smile: Are you thinking of accommodation? I want to go self-catered but I'm not sure to go Raleigh Park or Broadgate Park :s-smilie:

I have - I was initially planning on going self-catered too but I just love the look of Cripps Hall, which is unfortunately catered. However, in 2nd and 3rd year we'd be self-catered regardless so I think it'd be nice to have food made for me for a year!

Which way are you swaying in terms of Raleigh Park and Broadgate?
Original post by C6H12O6

Awesome! What grades do you need for your offer, Glucose?
Reply 5
Original post by Exceptional
Awesome! What grades do you need for your offer, Glucose?

Haha :biggrin: and it is unconditional luckily! What grades do you need for your course?
Original post by LukePearce

I firmed Nottingham yesterday, and pretty sure i want to go for Raleigh Park.. Have you heard any pros or cons for it?
Reply 7
What is the best self-catered accommodation? Broadgate Park?
Original post by C6H12O6

I've also firmed for Pharmacy (you've got an unconditional too,right ?). I'm so excited I can't wait for September! See you there probably :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Broad gate park looks the closest, but my friend is at St Peters court and loves it there as you get to meet people from Trent but it just seems too far away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I've also firmed for Pharmacy (you've got an unconditional too,right ?). I'm so excited I can't wait for September! See you there probably :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have, I'm too excited!! Yep will definitely be seeing you there haha :biggrin:
Original post by C.badham95
I firmed Nottingham yesterday, and pretty sure i want to go for Raleigh Park.. Have you heard any pros or cons for it?

Any particular reason for Raleigh Park?
Anybody thinking of Cripps Hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C6H12O6
Haha :biggrin: and it is unconditional luckily! What grades do you need for your course?

ABB, so a good offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exceptional
Anybody thinking of Cripps Hall?

Unfortunately you can't choose specific halls when applying for accommodation in catered halls. You can only choose the location (University Park, Jubilee, Sutton Bonington) and the room type (En suite, private en suite, shared ensuite, large single study, single study, shared study, twin room etc).

The university randomly allocates a hall and you can ask them to change but then you basically have to accept the second one.

They used to have issues with certain halls becoming exclusive to private school students and so wanted to make sure that everyone mingled more or less equally.

You can choose a hall if a family member lived in that hall but it isn't even guaranteed then,

Aside from all that, I stayed in Cripps last year and it was awesome.
I've firmed my History and Politics offer :smile: !!!:biggrin:
Original post by davidb123
I've firmed my History and Politics offer :smile: !!!:biggrin:

I'm in my second year doing History and Politics so do ask if you have questions :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Im firming Genetics, accommodation wise im thinking Raleigh Park :smile:
Original post by EMassey
I'm in my second year doing History and Politics so do ask if you have questions :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh that's awesome :smile: How do you find the balancing act of both subjects workload wise ? Does it get quite intense and have you personally enjoyed the course+university?

Also sorry to overload you with question's but which accommodation did you stay in during your first year :smile:

kindest Regards :smile:
Hi I have currently applied to nottingham, bristol, queen Mary, exeter and Southampton and have received offers from all except Nottingham and bristol (the two LNAT unis). As I have no heard anything yet do you think that they will most likely reject me as a result of a poor lnat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending