The Student Room Group

Where can I find cash-in-hand jobs?

Scroll to see replies

You've got to have connections. No one sane will risk being fine by paying a random under the table.
Not necessarily so!
Not necessarily so! "Illegal" some ppl just need immediate on spot cash instead of waiting for weeks to months for a gotdamned menial check AFTER TAXES. At least, not everyone in need of immediated cash, are into illegal gain purposes. Some or most folk aren't able to obtain a bank loan or have "family trees to shake" while waiting on following week for payday. "**** happens"..bills, emergency's so forth! Good luck in your search! I too am seaching! Theres nothing WRONG NEEDING CASH ON HAND!!!
Reply 43
Please hook me up with a job there!!???
Bars/Clubs, I used to get paid cash weekly (Declared so not illegal):smile:
Reply 45
kebab shops m8
Reply 46
lol...so right...my husband went to ask for a proper job and the man offered him 240 per week to work 12hour everyday
Cash in hand jobs are not illegal as long as you pay tax on it. Otherwise most labourers are breaking the law as they get paid mainly cash In hand. That's plumbers, gas engineers, electricians, mobile hair dressers and nail technicians just to name a few.
It’s only illegal but the greedy tax man ain’t able to rob more money of hard working people who a slaves to the tax man because your not just working for yourself your also working for the money grabbing government
Reply 49
Original post by Texas1818
It’s only illegal but the greedy tax man ain’t able to rob more money of hard working people who a slaves to the tax man because your not just working for yourself your also working for the money grabbing government

No pension though.
not sure what "cash-in" means :dontknow:
Original post by the bear
not sure what "cash-in" means :dontknow:

I believe it means you get cash put in your hand as a result of doing a job of some kind.
Reply 52
Not sure why people are making this subject so complicated by talking about the legality of earning cash-in-hand.
It is NOT illegal to earn cash-in-hand at all. If you are not an employee who is on the books (i.e get a wage slip) and you just get given cash at the end of your shift or end of the week then really you are considered self-employeed and it is up to you to pay/declare your earnings and pay the appropriate taxes and national insurance.
If you are claimig any means tested benefits, it is illegal to not declare your earnings.
If you are only earning a small amount from a cash-in-hand job the chances are you are probably earning less than your tax free yearly allowance. This means you won't have to pay any tax but you still need to declare it. Not sure if this is still the case but it used to be a £100 fine if you don't declare.
As a cash-in-hand/self-employed worker you will still need to pay your National Insurance contributions to keep your state pension entitlement. However, you do have the opportunity to pay off any missed periods at a later date.

I've always done some cash-in-hand work to top-up my earnings. Here are some of the cash-in-hand jobs I have done before: Commercial/domestic cleaning, Bar Work, Pot washing, glass collecting, Window cleaning, Dog walking, Take-away deliveries, car washing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by rree75
Not sure why people are making this subject so complicated by talking about the legality of earning cash-in-hand.
It is NOT illegal to earn cash-in-hand at all. If you are not an employee who is on the books (i.e get a wage slip) and you just get given cash at the end of your shift or end of the week then really you are considered self-employeed and it is up to you to pay declare your earnings and have the appropriate taxs and national insurance paid

Not sure why you think anyone is interested a year later.
Reply 54
Original post by Quady
Not sure why you think anyone is interested a year later.

Not sure why you think you know what everyone is interested in.

I arrived at this thread via a Google search so I'm assuming others will too and if the Forum didnt want anyone to see or reply to old threads they would do something about it.

The internet is a crazy place that doesnt revolve around you and your current interests. Quite often, new eyes seek-out old content for useful information that may answer their question... a year or more after the original discussion. It may not be relevant to the original consumers inside The Student Room anymore, but, it could potentially help someone else who may gratefully decide to Sign-up to this forum because of it.

The interest is a crazy place where time is relative.
I'm a new member who has just wasted 2 mins of my life explaining the obvious to TSR Royalty with over 24k posts. Seriously!!
Reply 55
Original post by rree75
Not sure why you think you know what everyone is interested in.

I arrived at this thread via a Google search so I'm assuming others will too and if the Forum didnt want anyone to see or reply to old threads they would do something about it.

The internet is a crazy place that doesnt revolve around you and your current interests. Quite often, new eyes seek-out old content for useful information that may answer their question... a year or more after the original discussion. It may not be relevant to the original consumers inside The Student Room anymore, but, it could potentially help someone else who may gratefully decide to Sign-up to this forum because of it.

The interest is a crazy place where time is relative.
I'm a new member who has just wasted 2 mins of my life explaining the obvious to TSR Royalty with over 24k posts. Seriously!!

Many people have said it's not illegal though.
Reply 56
Lol this is not an answer!
Reply 57
Original post by Amysoul
Lol this is not an answer!

No it's not.

And even if you gave one it'd be five years late.
Reply 58
Original post by Clip
But seriously - you do realise what you're asking here - where you can find illegal work?

It’s not illegal to be paid in cash. It’s illegal to not then pay tax or ni on it IF you exceed the thresholds. There are plenty of sensible reasons why a part time or one off job would pay cash in hand. And employers would likely still put it through their books as it reduces their tax bill. So unless cash in hand is for doing something illegal it is fine and often practical
Reply 59
Original post by Paul68z
It’s not illegal to be paid in cash. It’s illegal to not then pay tax or ni on it IF you exceed the thresholds. There are plenty of sensible reasons why a part time or one off job would pay cash in hand. And employers would likely still put it through their books as it reduces their tax bill. So unless cash in hand is for doing something illegal it is fine and often practical

Wasn't it illegal six years ago?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending