The Student Room Group

Making extra cash

Hello guys, how do you make an extra income while in campus
Original post by comrade001

Hi @comrade001

For me personally, I have had a part time job as a student ambassador over the last year! I really like the fact that I choose which shifts to sign up to, and the pay is above minimum wage. They also understand that you are a student, and if you need to cut back a few hours around deadline. At uni, loads of people have different part time jobs for incomes at bars and shops in town.

Also make sure to check the university website for scholarship and Bursary opportunities! I was able to get one and it's money you don't need to pay back!

Hope that helps in a way

Kat

Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at coventry university,
Becoming a student ambassador would be a good place to start, usually you pick your own hours and therefore you'll find it easier to keep on top of university work as well as a student experience.
However, other forms of income would be a part time job in a nearby store possibly?
For example I know a lot of stores such as Mcdonalds and Primark take on for students, and they are usually quite flexible.

Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 3
I worked in the SU bar which was both (relatively)well paid and enjoyable

Hey there @comrade001 !
The easiest way would be to get a part-time job. My university has a jobs website and I found loads of roles there to choose from. The best times to start hunting for a job is September, December and April. Those times of year have more opportunities available and seasonal temp. jobs. Another easy way to make money is to sign up for your university's open day. It's a great way to make some extra cash and to boost your CV as well.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Hi there,
I'd definitely recommend looking at part time/flexible work opportunities. This could be anything from seasonal work in your university city to part time jobs on campus. Check to see what roles your university/student union are recruiting for as these are often convenient to fit around your studies. We actually posted a blog about part time student work recently, take a look here: https://bit.ly/3rcf3x1

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Hi there!

There are loads of different ways to make money whilst you are studying at university! Do you have a degree where you're guaranteed weekends off? If so, working at a bar / restaurant / cafe would probably by good for you. It is always worth having a look at job opportunities at your university as well - most will have paid roles available either through the university or SU on a more ad-hoc basis - these are great for fitting in around your studies!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
- Rebecca, 4th Year at UCLan

Hiya!

I’m a second year student at ARU. I also work for ARU Temps as a student ambassador. It’s a great way to earn extra cash and you can pick the shifts that work for you. I have also had a lot of opportunities to do online work as an ambassador, which is even more flexible.

ARU Temps also offers shifts from external companies. Sometimes the companies are looking for one of shifts of short term work. I often have a look through the advertised jobs and apply to the ones I feel will work for me.

I’d highly recommend looking into this with your university. The work is always fun and not too stressful. Which is perfect when you have a lot of uni work going on.

Good luck! I hope this helps :smile:

Sophie (ARU)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending