The Student Room Group

Amazon Prime vs Netflix (UK)

Has anyone had experience of both services?

With the recent clampdown on people using proxy's do you think more people might turn to Amazon Prime instead? I've been looking at the films and shows on offer from Prime and it seems to have improved lately. So whilst I think most people would still say US Netflix is supreme which would you use with the choice out of Amazon Prime and Netflix (with only the UK option available).
Original post by SirMasterKey

With the recent clampdown on people using proxy's do you think more people might turn to Amazon Prime instead? I've been looking at the films and shows on offer from Prime and it seems to have improved lately. So whilst I think most people would still say US Netflix is supreme which would you use with the choice out of Amazon Prime and Netflix (with only the UK option available).

I've used Netflix and found it good - BUT, the fact that Amazon Prime £70/year gives you the video AS WELL AS free 1 day delivery is a winner for me - i make up the postage on that alone, so the instant video feature is effectively free...

The last time I looked at Prime video, the selection looked a bit rubbish. It's probably worth saying though, in Netflix's defence, that the clampdown on proxies was almost certainly not something they wanted. They will only have done it because of severe pressure from the money-lusting motion picture industry.
double post
agree with the 2nd poster..

I dont think I would consider amazon prime if I was just interested in watching videos

But the free delivery is hugely worth it! I easily make that money back each year by saving on delivery on pretty much everything I buy online..

The video service is just a bonus, and does occasionally come in handy for TV shows and the like..
US Netflix > Prime > UK Netflix. Unless you can get a proxy or VPN to change your IP to an American IP, then get amazon prime. The only reason to get the US netflix over Prime would be because of the wider variety of TV shows that aren't offered on UK netflix. So in your position, I would get prime my friend!

PS: Used all 3 of them by the way.
Ok, so I thought I'd share this - as a valued customer of vodafone, I have managed to get the 4G Red pack with entertainment package at a big discount! This includes Now TV - so I'm going to give that a go, and see what it's like - I know ti's not the same as the others, but I thought I'd give it a go, as it is free...

Netflix is still the better option to Amazon Prime.

If you want the US (or any other country) just use the free DNS changers and get a different region when you like :h:

Personally I prefer Netflix France... Largely due to Disney films being present :adore:

I've had both and I deleted Amazon IW after a couple of month it was quite boring and there was nothing to watch so I just watched Netflix

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazon is poor

Netflix plus a region switcher like Unblock Us. I've had this since Netflix launched in the UK. Prime is also not Chromecast friendly whereas Netflix is awesome on Chromecast.
Reply 10
Never used Amazon Prime but Netflix in the UK is rubbish.
Reply 11
Prime, there movies are stale though
(edited 9 years ago)
I've had both in the last few months and Netflix definitely has a better selection. It's probably worth it just for the exclusives anyway (Better Call Saul, OITNB, House of Cards etc.)
Plus it is so easy to get American Netflix which will keep you entertained for years with TV programmes alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Netflix US. It is still accessible with a VPN.

In the UK, though, Netflix is without a doubt better. I have used both and I think Netflix has better content and a better delivery system/interface.
Original post by tehFrance
Netflix is still the better option to Amazon Prime.

If you want the US (or any other country) just use the free DNS changers and get a different region when you like :h:

Personally I prefer Netflix France... Largely due to Disney films being present :adore:

I have just tried French Netflix and I have to thank you a lot. It is fantastic!
I just tend to buy blu-rays watch those, only use UK Netflix for Better Call Saul and Lilyhammer
Popcorn Time is better than both. It's completely free.
I would rather have Netflix and pay for Prime (student) purely for one day delivery.

Quick Reply

Latest