The Student Room Group

Aston Uni vs. Birmingham Uni

So I have offers from both universities to study pharmacy but I'm having difficulty choosing which one to firm. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by empharm
Hey I'm in the same position as you :frown: im siding more towards bham, its new and I've heard a lot of the lecturers have moved from aston to birmingham plus its a nicer uni and the pharmacy parts new. But how good can the course be if its only been running a few years in comparison to aston? haha idk its hard decision

OMG hi!! oh no, I don't want all the lecturers to go to birmingham. Yeah aston is amazing for pharmacy though but i feel like birmingham is a nicer uni as a whole but they've only been doing pharmacy for 2 years and it feels so risky if i go there. Plus Aston has had like 100% employability for their graduates in the past year which is so important right now because pharmacy is so competitive when it comes to getting jobs in the real world. I doubt many employers even know that birmingham do pharmacy so thats what scares me. And i personally think accomodation at aston is amazing because ALL their rooms are en-suite which i really need. Theres no way i can share a bathroom. But birmingham don't have that many en-suite halls and their accomodation is a lot more expensive, But i'm going to an applicant day in 2 weeks time so let me not judge until i see it. But i'm just finding this decision so hard (sorry for the rant lol)
Original post by shazza1234
So I have offers from both universities to study pharmacy but I'm having difficulty choosing which one to firm. Any advice?

Hi there, glad to hear you're considering studying with us. If you have any questions i would be happy to clear them up for you as an Aston graduate and a local Brummy of 23 years i should be able to give you a background of the university or student life in general. :smile:

Josh
Reply 3
Original post by Aston University
Hi there, glad to hear you're considering studying with us. If you have any questions i would be happy to clear them up for you as an Aston graduate and a local Brummy of 23 years i should be able to give you a background of the university or student life in general. :smile:

Josh

What is the accommodation like at lakeside? or is it worth the extra money to go for a 7/5 bed flat?
Original post by shazza1234

Aston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Birmingham :smile:
aston uni is the best uni to go for pharmacy. no doubt about that.
Original post by cxwood
What is the accommodation like at lakeside? or is it worth the extra money to go for a 7/5 bed flat?

I visited lakeside quite a few times during my undergraduate degree, it felt really nice in all honesty, i've visited a few other student residencies around Leicestershire and they were small and cramped in comparison, the lake really adds to the surroundings along with a lot of natural light. In my personal opinion i would pick lakeside over the newer builds. But make your own mind up and come have a look around campus on one of our open days.

Josh
Yeah Aston is the best for pharmacy, my dad went in the 1980s and it was respected back then, even more so now
Reply 8
Hi, Im currently a 3rd year at Aston. Doing pharmacy,
Lived in lakeside in First year. Feel free to ask questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending