The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Nursing 2015 firms

Hi Everyone :smile:

I've been looking for discussions for those who may have had an offer at Southampton for Nursing 2015?
So excited to go to Uni as I have been given an offer for Adult brand and just thought to see who would be studying nursing with me, and whether you guys are taking up accommodation etc? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Heya, I have applied for Southampton but havent heard anything back from them! I am worried as other people at my college have... When did you submit your UCAS and how quickly did they contact you for your interview?

I live in Southampton so Soton would be the best choice for me to save money and I could live at home

Are you looking at going into halls?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! :smile:

I sent my UCAS off the week before October half term and it took about 3/4 weeks for them to offer me an interview! When did you send yours off and what course are you applying for? :smile:

I live in Portsmouth so I'll probably stay at home too as it's not too far!
I sent it off on the 9th Jan 😟 it has been Xmas and all that so I suppose that is adding a delay

I'm applying for Adult Nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Had my interview for the BN (Hons) Dual Field Adult & Mental Health Nursing yesterday!
I think it went quite well actually but then the admissions tutor told us in the end that there's only 12 places per dual field course, so I'm not feeling as hopeful as I was before!
I would really love to go to Southampton as it has such an amazing reputation for Nursing courses and having only visited it for the first time yesterday, I've kind of fallen in love with the campus - it's lovely!
And yes, I'm looking to go into halls as I live just over 3 hours away!
Anyone heard back from interviews for adult & mental health dual field?
Reply 5
Original post by bloomfieldl
I sent it off on the 9th Jan ������ it has been Xmas and all that so I suppose that is adding a delay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon! All the best
Hey! I'm a first year child nurse at Southampton, if you have any questions feel free to message me! X
Reply 7
Original post by nkbarker176
Hey! I'm a first year child nurse at Southampton, if you have any questions feel free to message me! X

Hello! That's awesome! How are you getting on so far? I was wondering how your timetable is like and have you got your placements yet? I'm a little confused on whether to stay at home even though I live in Portsmouth which is 30 minutes away because if I have to be at Uni 5x a week it would be quite tiring to get there and back!
Original post by kohkohpops
Hello! That's awesome! How are you getting on so far? I was wondering how your timetable is like and have you got your placements yet? I'm a little confused on whether to stay at home even though I live in Portsmouth which is 30 minutes away because if I have to be at Uni 5x a week it would be quite tiring to get there and back!

Hey! Yeah really well, i love it! It is hard work but it's definitely worth it. So, we self taught a&p so for the first 2 months i was probably at uni 2-3 days a week for different amounts of time, then from oct/nov - now i've probably only been at uni say 3 times in that whole period. But you have to make time to teach a&p or you'll fail, simple! Lol. I'm on my first placement now, it's amazing and has come around so quickly. You will love it!

It's entirely up to you really, lots of people commute but lots of people do stay at halls, some people who live in halls from portsmouth have stayed here for the learning part and then gone home for placements :smile: xx
Reply 9
Hey! Yeah really well, i love it! It is hard work but it's definitely worth it. So, we self taught a&p so for the first 2 months i was probably at uni 2-3 days a week for different amounts of time, then from oct/nov - now i've probably only been at uni say 3 times in that whole period. But you have to make time to teach a&p or you'll fail, simple! Lol. I'm on my first placement now, it's amazing and has come around so quickly. You will love it!

It's entirely up to you really, lots of people commute but lots of people do stay at halls, some people who live in halls from portsmouth have stayed here for the learning part and then gone home for placements :smile: xx

Ah that's great! How did you find learning a&p? I didn't do biology A level so do you think that will affect the learning? /: Also, do you recommend any books to purchase? :smile: Where are you doing your placements? :smile: Sorry I ask a lot of questions haha
Original post by kohkohpops
Ah that's great! How did you find learning a&p? I didn't do biology A level so do you think that will affect the learning? /: Also, do you recommend any books to purchase? :smile: Where are you doing your placements? :smile: Sorry I ask a lot of questions haha

At first it was really difficult, you feel as if nothing is going in but actually overall it wasn't as bad as it sounds! I didn't do biology a level either, and i hadn't done science since 2009! And i was fine so it's okay. Umm, they recommend buying the marieb book for a&p, but i used a different one (i'll find it and message you) which was so helpful and i'd definitely recommend it! I'm on placement at basingstoke so i'm driving there, but it's not too bad. Placements can be iow, southampton, portsmouth, basingstoke or winchester so quite a wide area xx
Reply 11
At first it was really difficult, you feel as if nothing is going in but actually overall it wasn't as bad as it sounds! I didn't do biology a level either, and i hadn't done science since 2009! And i was fine so it's okay. Umm, they recommend buying the marieb book for a&p, but i used a different one (i'll find it and message you) which was so helpful and i'd definitely recommend it! I'm on placement at basingstoke so i'm driving there, but it's not too bad. Placements can be iow, southampton, portsmouth, basingstoke or winchester so quite a wide area xx

Oh that's cool! What time is the latest you had to stay in for lectures? Also, how many essays have you been given to do so far? :smile: I'm really excited! haha xx
Umm the latest one finished at 6, but not had any later :smile: i've had 2 essays, so one is a 'practice' to see what could be improved on, and the 2nd is a formal one! Aww good, it is exciting! Xx
Reply 13
Original post by bloomfieldl
I sent it off on the 9th Jan ������ it has been Xmas and all that so I suppose that is adding a delay

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my on the 11th January and haven't heard anything! I'm so worried!
I'm applying for child nursing and the adult and child dual course!
Reply 14

Hi! I'm applying for child nursing! Have you got any interview tips or anything about what the selection day is like? x
I had my selection day for mental health nursing yesterday so fingers crossed!
Had my interview on the 17th and still no news! Eek!
Reply 17
Original post by BellaPembers
Had my interview on the 17th and still no news! Eek!

I rang on Thursday and they said it should be early this week, fingers crossed for us both!!
Original post by JKempton
I rang on Thursday and they said it should be early this week, fingers crossed for us both!!

Amazing thank you. X
Hi, I'm about to firm Southampton for adult branch starting Sept (BTEC D*DD). Just waiting to hear where Bournemouth want to put me so I can pick my insurance between them and Oxford Brookes (just in case haha). So exciting.

I can't promise I'm the fastest at replying but I'm happy to answer questions about interviews etc. for those who haven't been yet :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending