The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saffiee
That's minor your still gonna do great as you have included lots of perceptive and good points 😀

Thanks! I'm not sure if I can pull it off for poetry as well though!
I wrote 3 and a half sides for both of them- is there any hope ?
What do you think the poems are gonna be on. Which cluster are you doing?
In the AIC question I answered 17 (about birling), said how he was as a businessman and other stuff but did not copy out the quote from the question or exactly analyse it....
Will I lose marks?
I wrote 5 and 1/2 pages, for someone who struggles in writing a lot, I was pretty happy
I liked this exam last years was eaiser though. On this one the hardest bit was talking about how Steinbeck presents the death of curleys wife.
Answer please: In the AIC question I answered 17 (about birling), said how he was as a businessman and other stuff but did not copy out the quote from the question or exactly analyse it....Will I lose marks?
[QUOTE=GcseLad-_-;55920827]Answer please: In the AIC question I answered 17 (about birling), said how he was as a businessman and other stuff but did not copy out the quote from the question or exactly analyse it....Will I lose marks?

Probably not because you barely had to talk about the quote mostly the other views of him 😀
Original post by Saffiee
What do you think the poems are gonna be on. Which cluster are you doing?

You can't predict the poems. All the poems that could have come up had already come up, unless they decide to test us on the previously Foundation Tier only poems.

I'm doing Character and Voice.
[QUOTE=Palette;55920881]You can't predict the poems. All the poems that could have come up had already come up, unless they decide to test us on the previously Foundation Tier only poems.

Oh ok I'm doing the relationship cluster
Original post by Saffiee
Oh ok I'm doing the relationship cluster

Lucky you have Mr Bruff to help you
I hope- im absolutely ****ting myself over this exam
[QUOTE=Palette;55920933]Lucky you have Mr Bruff to help you

Yep and I am glad because they are the only poems he does, he has amazing analysis
Original post by Saffiee
Yep and I am glad because they are the only poems he does, he has amazing analysis

Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?
Reply 594
Original post by Palette
You can't predict the poems. All the poems that could have come up had already come up, unless they decide to test us on the previously Foundation Tier only poems.

Same- know any good revision websites?
[QUOTE=Palette;55921031]Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?[/QUOT

He gives you an A* analysis of all the poems
Original post by Kate34
Same- know any good revision websites?

I must have looked at a bunch of them when I did poetry analysis a month ago, but I forgot all the links.
Original post by Saffiee
[QUOTE=Palette;55921031]Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?[/QUOT

He gives you an A* analysis of all the poems

Do you think it'll be worth it to look at his videos and do the wrong cluster of poems for the exam?
[QUOTE=Palette;55921163][QUOTE=Saffiee;55921115]

Do you think it'll be worth it to look at his videos and do the wrong cluster of poems for the exam?

Is the cluster that you do is hard, can u even do that haha u probably can and I would if I found it easier as i didn't really know anything about any of the poems till I watched his vids 😀
Reply 599
For OMAM part B, I only wrote about the character Candy, am I limiting myself from gaining marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending