The Student Room Group

Offer showing up in track but not received an email from ucas or the university?

Any advice? An offer has came up in track for the university of birmingham but I haven't received an email from ucas or the uni. I dont know what to do?
Congratulations!

When did you receive the track offer? It is likely that they both updated track and posted you a letter at the same time, so the letter may just be in the post :smile:
I got an offer from exeter and only received an email to say UCAS status had changed, and when I logged in, the offer was on there. Never received an email or letter from the university, and didn't receive any more communication from them till an invite to applicant day a month later
Thank you :smile: and the offer appeared in track a few hours a go. Do you think I have nothing to worry about then? I have a niggling paranoia that I haven't really got the offer haha :redface:
You're such a stress head☺️
For two of my unis, I never recieved any emails from them, only a track update.
Original post by GeorginaLucienne
Thank you :smile: and the offer appeared in track a few hours a go. Do you think I have nothing to worry about then? I have a niggling paranoia that I haven't really got the offer haha :redface:

Track is the only place an offer is official. That's why lots of unis don't send out offer letters anymore (and very few will put offer conditions in a letter) - it can cause confusion.
Reply 7
Any email can be delayed or just mysteriously disappear. You'll probably get the ucas email in a few days and log onto Track excitedly to find nothing has changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Sorry to hear you received a rejection, where was that from? I got the emails today like a day late. Maybe there's just a delay because of the ucas deadline or something, like they're inundated with applications or something?
Funny you should say that! I got 2 emails from ucas early hours of this morning!
The system has probably glitched under the pressure of deadline day I imagine
Reply 11
My offer from Durham showed up on Track a few weeks before I got the offer letter, and I never got an email from them at all. However, my offer from Glasgow showed up on Track first, then I got an email (followed by "seasonal updates"), but no letter. It really varies between unis. But as other posters have said, if your offer is on Track then it's official.
I got an email from Hull congratulating me on receiving an offer and inviting me to an applicant day, but there is nothing on my UCAS track about Hull accepting :O might it just be UCAS glitching? Its making me nervous that there's no update haha.
Reply 13
Original post by julialala17
I got an email from Hull congratulating me on receiving an offer and inviting me to an applicant day, but there is nothing on my UCAS track about Hull accepting :O might it just be UCAS glitching? Its making me nervous that there's no update haha.

Ucas is likely to be slow because they're busy with applications - loads of people apply just before the deadline. So things might take longer to process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
Ucas is likely to be slow because they're busy with applications - loads of people apply just before the deadline. So things might take longer to process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending