The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
samba
Whoa Mr(s); have you not considered that they may dress like that because its how they want to dress and it makes them feel more confident?

The way that guys see it is pretty inconsequential, considering she is dressing for herself. Some guys get turned on by small children; does that imply small children are allowing themselves to be turned into sexual objects?

The fact that you have a problem with the way some girls dress does not nessesarily indicate that they are sexual objects; rather it shows your narrowminded view of women that dress like that, and the fact that you view them as sexual objects.

It's pretty sad if they only way you feel confident is if you go out half naked.
Reply 81
And why does dressing like that make you feel confident? More male attention?
Reply 82
minimo
It's pretty sad if they only way you feel confident is if you go out half naked.

In your blinkered opinion it is. History would suggest otherwise.
Reply 83
To be honest, I'm with minimo on this one, to an extent at least.
Reply 84
I'll respond when awake properly :smile:
samba

So history would suggest that going out half naked to raise your confidence is not sad? Sorry but it is. Get some self esteem.
Reply 86
samba

In what way? That being, oh I don't know, a courtesan in the court of Louis XIV or a girl out of Moulin Rouge makes you all hip and sophisticated rather than a pathetic whore?
Reply 87
Am glad this is moved to D & D. :smile:
Reply 88
Cexy
Or alternatively, you could admit that you're just as horribly prejudiced, intolerant and bigoted as the people you like to ridicule?

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cexy again.'
Reply 89
Is there a reason this thread hasn't been renamed 'my list of implicit insecurities'? because that's what it is.
using Dr in front of your name shows pride in something that you worked at, wearing some of the clothing you see the young chavettes in shows you are so desperate for male attention that you will risk hypothermia.
Feminism sucks balls, men have a ****ing hard time as it is.
ForeverIsMyName
Feminism sucks balls, men have a ****ing hard time as it is.

???
Dr and Professor are professional and honorific titles implying some level of achievement. A Miniskirt is not an honorific title as you don't have to have achieved anything to wear a miniskirt.

I do like the title of this thread. Of course in order to betray feminism, one has to have been part of it. I should think that these 'home counties princesses' are not part of or ever have been part of the feminist movement.
Reply 94
high priestess fnord
using Dr in front of your name shows pride in something that you worked at, wearing some of the clothing you see the young chavettes in shows you are so desperate for male attention that you will risk hypothermia.

Yeah when the rest of us are all wrapped up against the wind, Ive seen girls in miniskirts without tights. Pleeease...I really don't think they should be proud of legs that have gone so red and icky with cold.
Helenia
case in point: certain rugby team girls who I saw headed out wearing ONLY their rugby shirts and high heels

Give them a break, they're on the rugby team; no other way they're gonna get some.
Reply 96
I thought she was referring to the girls who follow around rugby team boys/Blues etc.
Reply 97
It appears to me that this is what "the man" wants "the woman" to think.
Reply 98
I feel compelled to quote Bush on this one, "It's my job to worry about it, it's your job to go about your own business."

That pretty much sums up all the "personal preference"-isms.

Anyway, whatever a woman decides to wear is none of my business. Depends where you are, people will pass on their personal judgements and make you know that they are judging you whether you like or not. The guy who wrote the original artical is probably bitter about the fact that scumbags are getting laid while he, the nice, sensitive gentleman, can only stand back and "watch". Oh well. It's not me who's getting hurt at the end of the day, I don't really care.
Reply 99
I don't really get why this is in D&D when it's about Trinity College... surely the only people who go there or have first hand experience of it will be in the Cam forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending