The Student Room Group

Working full time and resitting

Hello, I'm currently on my gap year working full time (37 hours a week). Due to exceptional circumstances in the lead up and during my exams I'm having to resit 4 A2 exams in May and June. Does anyone have any experience with doing something like this and any recommendation about how long I should be revising for, per each exam each week? I started revising for them in November and am aiming for high grades in them all but I don't feel like I'm putting enough hours in.
Do you work everyday and how long for?

I also work Monday to Friday 27 hours a week and am resitting 6 A level modules. What i do is start my revision after i come back and freshen up from work. But I'm working 10 hours less than you so my timetable is pretty different.

It's more about the way you learn rather than the hours. Test yourself, do exam papers and see if you're actually learning and getting good grades. If that's not happening, then you can worry about the hours. Which subjects are you resitting?

It's hard to stay motivated and I always seem to procrastinate and begin to tidy or clean saying things like 'I won't be able to revise if my room is not clean, or if I've not finished this book'. But to reach my goal, there's no time for comfort and preferences. (This is just random motivation speech because I'm prorastinating right now)

Original post by Foreconcious
Hello, I'm currently on my gap year working full time (37 hours a week). Due to exceptional circumstances in the lead up and during my exams I'm having to resit 4 A2 exams in May and June. Does anyone have any experience with doing something like this and any recommendation about how long I should be revising for, per each exam each week? I started revising for them in November and am aiming for high grades in them all but I don't feel like I'm putting enough hours in.
No experience personally but I would recommend revising 20-25 hours a week, split that between your subjects :smile:

Good luck !
Reply 3
Original post by EggsterminateWHO
Do you work everyday and how long for?

I also work Monday to Friday 27 hours a week and am resitting 6 A level modules. What i do is start my revision after i come back and freshen up from work. But I'm working 10 hours less than you so my timetable is pretty different.

It's more about the way you learn rather than the hours. Test yourself, do exam papers and see if you're actually learning and getting good grades. If that's not happening, then you can worry about the hours. Which subjects are you resitting?

It's hard to stay motivated and I always seem to procrastinate and begin to tidy or clean saying things like 'I won't be able to revise if my room is not clean, or if I've not finished this book'. But to reach my goal, there's no time for comfort and preferences. (This is just random motivation speech because I'm prorastinating right now)

I work Monday to Friday and commute for 3 hours each of those days but I do try and do some working during most of my commute as most of it is on trains. I forgot to mention I also am doing a Maths course with my work along side this which is another 5 hours of time a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending