The Student Room Group

Kicked out of university, what should I do

I got kicked out of university because I didn't pass all of the modules in my resit year I had little guidance and it was hard to understand for one of the modules. Should I apply to another university.
If they're definitely not having you and you still want to go somewhere, of course you should reapply. If you want to start in September you better hurry, and maybe think about whether that's the right course for you.
Reply 2
I second ROTL's advice. You are at a disadvantage now with most reputable I situations. You'd likeky be ok at lesser ones, but then one really has to wonder if they are worth your investment.
Original post by Anonymous
I got kicked out of university because I didn't pass all of the modules in my resit year I had little guidance and it was hard to understand for one of the modules. Should I apply to another university.

If you find somewhere to take you, you will run out of SFE funding unless you have evidence for CPR.
You've not really gave us any info to go on apart from being as bad student and getting kicked out, based on that it's hard to recommend what you should do in terms on uni.
The bigger issue is, as above, student finance - you will need to self-fund tuition fees for at least the first year at any new institution, if not further years too, for a full time course. You would only be able to get full funding if you studied a part-time course.

So you will probably need to take some time out to take stock and regroup, then figure out what your plan is, what the financial situation is and how you will manage it, and go from there.

I would not recommend trying to immediately jump into the first course that will take you, for those and other reasons. I would strongly recommend looking for a job and spending a year or two working while you plan your higher education re-entry strategy instead...
I've only had one year of study using student finance the resit year I didn't use finance. So wouldn't that mean that I would get the full student finance

Hi there,

My name is El and I'm sorry to hear about your position.

If you still want to attend University, I would definitely advise looking! There is plenty of University clearings and overall just Universities to look into.

I would advise looking for more guided lectures though and so, make sure to ask questions to their lecturers about how they teach and give help as every Uni is different and it also depends on the lecturers themselves and what their teaching technique is like.
Find a University that fits your needs and preferred way of being taught!

You may stumble across some struggles on finding Universities who will seem interested in taking someone on who has failed and been kicked out but for you, it was mostly because you were struggling with no guidance and so, it's not really your fault and your situation is more reasonable than you being a negative influence.
At Coventry University, we are very open to people who have failed or need resits and so you may find some support from us if you were interested or close by!

I hope this helps,
El

How did you get the chance to resit the year ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending