The Student Room Group

'Curing' chapped lips within 24 hours

What can I put on them??? I've my formal tomorrow and they are badly chapped. I have chap sticks, and sudocrem (if you can actually use that one yor lips lol)... any ideas? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i wud use loads of vaseline, over and over and over, like everytym it sinks in add more lol
Reply 2
Brushing them gently with a toothbrush removes the dead skin that gets flakey and yucky. Olive oil is great for moisturizing lips too.
Reply 3
Get an old toothbrush and gently rub away any dead skin from your lips. This should sort it out. Then put tons of lipbalm on overnight for it to soak in :smile:
Reply 4
Vasculine is great for chapped lips, better than most other chap sticks I've found.
Reply 5
I don't find vaseline that helpful but mayeb that's just me? :frown:

I use Blistex and/or E45 lip stuff. Whichever is to hand at the time of needing some. I also have carmex and nivea stuff floating around in my bags too.
Reply 6
thnx every1!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I always find Vaseline too thin. The best for chapped lips in my opinion is either Chapstick (nice and thick) or Carmex which tingles and works possibly more effectively than the first.
Reply 8
I use a lip exfoliator from the Body Shop (called Lip Scuff), and then use a lipbalm on top. Once lips are smooth from the exfoliator, any lipbalm tends to work effectively. Sometimes I use Body Shop's lip butters, coz they smell/taste YUMMY and provide a bit of extra moisturisation when my lips are in need.
Reply 9
Use a lot of chapstick or vaseline before you go to bed
Reply 10
yup yup vaseline is the key. also make sure you drink plenty of water - there's no point hydrating your skin if you aren't hydrated yourself. vaseline also work on chapped noses when you have a cold.
COVER you lips loads with vaseline before you go to bed...wake up with lovely lips...works with eye lashes and eyebrows aswell
the best thing ever is Boots Botanicals lip therapy - i can feel it working. Its £2.50 for a lil glass jar but i swear by it! Honestly, its the best thing ever...
Reply 14
cut open a vitamin e capsule, like you'd buy in a chemist, and put the liquid on your lips overnight. i find this makes me lips really soft
Reply 15
Sudocrem is great and/or vaseline, alternated.
Reply 16
If they're sore you wanna be careful about a) scrubbing them or b) putting lots of lip balm on! BLISTEX is what it's all about, it's amazing. Get the medicated cream stuff. I noticed the difference in about half an hour! :smile:
gossip_girl
COVER you lips loads with vaseline before you go to bed...wake up with lovely lips...works with eye lashes and eyebrows aswell

You put vaseline on your eyelashes and eyebrows...? What exactly does that help to do?
caramel_qt3
You put vaseline on your eyelashes and eyebrows...? What exactly does that help to do?

softens them....:rolleyes:
Reply 19
gossip_girl
softens them....:rolleyes:

Why the F**K would you want soft eyelashes and eyebrows?? :rolleyes:

:toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest