The Student Room Group

Exam invigilator havnt been paid

Has anyone done an exam invigilator job and told they will get paid by bank transfer at the end of the week don't bank transfers instantly go into your bank account I havnt been paid yet and I'm not happy
Reply 1
Original post by Wendyshep77
Has anyone done an exam invigilator job and told they will get paid by bank transfer at the end of the week don't bank transfers instantly go into your bank account I havnt been paid yet and I'm not happy

There are two types of bank transfers: "Faster Payments" and "BACS". (Well, there's also CHAPS, but that tends to be used for large payments like buying a house.)

"Faster Payments" transfers are the "instant" payments you're referring to, where the payment typically arrives within seconds, but which can take up to two hours.

"BACS" payments work on a three-day (and that's three working days) cycle. The payment instruction is submitted on day one and the money arrives in your account on day three. So a payment instruction submitted on a Friday will arrive in your account on the following Tuesday. (If the intervening Monday happens to be a bank holiday, then the money will arrive on the Wednesday.)

Businesses tend to make payments via BACS because it's cheaper for them than using Faster Payments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending