The Student Room Group

Freaking out! Please help :(

Hey everybody
Okay so, I have my economics and business studies AS exams this May which means i have 3 more months to revise or whatever, but here's the problem: due to a lot of health issues and stuff I had to spend almost all of last year in a hospital. So, basically, I have zero preparation for either of the subjects. I know absolutely nothing. I looked through the past papers and my mind went blank.

On top of that the political situation in this country isn't the best right now so I can't even go to class now.

So, is it way too late to start preparing from the start? Do you have any tips on cramming? Any advice would be immensely helpful.

I feel like I'm doomed :frown:
Original post by catdog2
Hey everybody
Okay so, I have my economics and business studies AS exams this May which means i have 3 more months to revise or whatever, but here's the problem: due to a lot of health issues and stuff I had to spend almost all of last year in a hospital. So, basically, I have zero preparation for either of the subjects. I know absolutely nothing. I looked through the past papers and my mind went blank.

On top of that the political situation in this country isn't the best right now so I can't even go to class now.

So, is it way too late to start preparing from the start? Do you have any tips on cramming? Any advice would be immensely helpful.

I feel like I'm doomed :frown:

Your college should have support in place for you in such an outstanding circumstance. You can't catch up on a year's worth of work for 2 subjects in 4 months, no way. Even with all the support possible, it'll be impressive. But I have faith. Seek a hella lot of support, I'm going to do so myself (considering my mock results were catastrophic. I usually get Bs all the time and I'm aiming for As and Bs, and I got Ds and Es :frown:).

Maybe we're both doomed. :sad:

Nah, let's not be negative. :nah: Don't get too stressed, you're not alone, get support and all the best of luck. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Rainbow Student
Your college should have support in place for you in such an outstanding circumstance. You can't catch up on a year's worth of work for 2 subjects in 4 months, no way. Even with all the support possible, it'll be impressive. But I have faith. Seek a hella lot of support, I'm going to do so myself (considering my mock results were catastrophic. I usually get Bs all the time and I'm aiming for As and Bs, and I got Ds and Es :frown:).

Maybe we're both doomed. :sad:

Nah, let's not be negative. :nah: Don't get too stressed, you're not alone, get support and all the best of luck. :h:

Ahh, I guess :/ but yeah, let's not get negative. I think all that can be done right now is to work as hard as possible within these 3 months and just hope for the best. Best of luck to you too :biggrin:
AS year? You can resit. Just chill out, eat a banana or something and do as much as you can. If you fail then just resit. It doesn't matter, you'll just be set back 1 year. Even if it's not next year you do it, there is such a thing as A-Levels when you're older. Just breathe, man. Resitting will give you an extra year to revise for that May exam anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending