The Student Room Group

HELP! edexcel english lang paper 1 and I forgot to indicate the question I chose

Please help guys, I'm literally freaking out right now so much.
I think I forgot to write the cross in the box for the question I chose for the part B imaginative writing 40 marker. There was a plan box beneath, and in my plan I think I made obvious what question I was doing and my response is pretty obviously dedicated to a specific question, but will it be marked or will it be penalised or something? Is there any way I can check or change this; like contacting edexcel or something...please let me know x
Reply 1
Original post by aksidk
I think I forgot to write the cross in the box for the question I chose for the part B imaginative writing 40 marker. There was a plan box beneath, and in my plan I think I made obvious what question I was doing and my response is pretty obviously dedicated to a specific question, but will it be marked or will it be penalised or something? Is there any way I can check or change this; like contacting edexcel or something...please let me know x

It shouldnt be penalised and you would get the marks however you might risk losing one mark at most
Original post by aksidk

I did this for the literature exam but it was very obvious which question I was answering and basically I emailed my exams office at school and they said they'd call Edexcel on my behalf. Edexcel said they can't contact the examiner but they said I wouldn't lose any marks.
Reply 3
Oh ok yeah, I've emailed my school's exam officer and still waiting for a reply:')
Reply 4
How long do you think I should wait, I mean I'll try and go the school in person tomorrow, but if they don't respond should I take it into my own hands? How would I go about calling Edexcel myself?
I highly doubt it will be an issue. If, like you said, you made it obvious which question you were answering then I wouldn’t worry. It’s probably quite a common mistake so the exam board are most likely used to dealing with such issues. Correct me if I’m wrong (I don’t do Edexcel so not familiar with it) I highly doubt they’d penalise you for it because that’s not what they’re assessing you on in the exam? They’re assessing your writing skills, not which question you choose. It’s just to make it more efficient for the examiners to mark as they can tell more easily which question you’re answering. Definitely don’t worry too much. But yes you’ve done the right thing by contacting your school exam office to check. I’m sure it’ll be fine.
They're not going to refuse to mark it just because you forgot a cross in a little box. Relax, you're fine and they'll mark it as normal.
Reply 7
Original post by user01906002
I highly doubt it will be an issue. If, like you said, you made it obvious which question you were answering then I wouldn’t worry. It’s probably quite a common mistake so the exam board are most likely used to dealing with such issues. Correct me if I’m wrong (I don’t do Edexcel so not familiar with it) I highly doubt they’d penalise you for it because that’s not what they’re assessing you on in the exam? They’re assessing your writing skills, not which question you choose. It’s just to make it more efficient for the examiners to mark as they can tell more easily which question you’re answering. Definitely don’t worry too much. But yes you’ve done the right thing by contacting your school exam office to check. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Umm, not too sure but yeah it's just a matter of choosing one of the two essay options they give you and writing a response based on it. Ok, thank you so much hopefully it will!
Reply 8
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
They're not going to refuse to mark it just because you forgot a cross in a little box. Relax, you're fine and they'll mark it as normal.

Okie thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest