The Student Room Group

WOuld you be in a relationship with someone without a phone?

Scroll to see replies

I think it would depend why they didn't have a phone. If it was some crap about 'modern technology' being the root of all evil or whatever then that would be a big buh-bye.
Yes, in my area there is no signal so a mobile is pretty pointless unless I'm in town!
Possibly not, depending on the reasons. If they literally can't afford a phone (which I find hard to believe) or lives somewhere where there's no signal then I could probably be OK with that. If they are being deliberately antisocial then it's likely a sign of other curiosities in their personality which could make them difficult to get on with. Personally I really appreciate having a smartphone after using my Nokia 3310 for a while. The idea that I can have a GPS and a map of the entire planet and the entirety of the internet in my pocket still amazes me. There's so many things I've yet to do with it and the prospect of finding out what these things are excites me.

I'm not what most people would call a technophile, but I really think mobile phones are one of the best things humans have invented. So to encounter someone with such an opposite opinion wouldn't work, I think.
Unusual, but really not a big deal.
Reply 24
No. Communication is key in a relationship, and as much as people would like to dispute texting being communication - it is. Plus, what about in an emergency? I'd want to know I can get hold of them. So, no.
Likely not. Demonstrates lack of security both socially and financially really. Also makes it harder to communicate in general.

No social media (sites) is fine though.
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to have two phones, one which I'd keep switched off on my one day off to stop my boss sending me on sales leads on Sunday. But yeah if you don't have a phone then you can't be very important or expect to get a normal relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Yes! Admittedly, it would be a bit hard at first but I guess I would get used to it. I wouldn't NOT get into a relationship just because they didn't have a phone - what sort of person would I be!? Tbh it would probably be a lot less stressful without constant messaging. I would appreciate the time I had with them more.
As long as there other ways we can get in touch, then I see no problem. In fact, I'd prefer it. Did date someone who was glued to his phone. There's a time and place for it. When you're out with someone, (unless it's an emergency) isn't it.
Depends...can I give them a phone? Just a basic one for texts and calls.

But obviously no, I wouldn't not date someone because of no phone. I would just find it weird, and I'd get annoyed at not being able to contact them with ease.
I don't have a phone. I don't want to be bugged 24/7.

I have Facebook, Skype and email. I'd give that out. If I'm not on my laptop or iPad to talk to you, I'm either busy or just want my alone time.

I don't think I'm weird for having no phone. I just hate being contacted , especially by drunk people at stupid o clock, and work trying to get me to take more shifts. I'm a guy who likes my alone time a lot. Alone time isn't texting someone non stop to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely not. Must have an iPhone, an ipad, Mac book, mini Cooper, Facebook, Twitter, Voxer, daily mail subscription, must read metro newspaper, must be on Instagram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending