The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
^ yay thanks for the info. I hope I like nottingham aswell
Questions

- tell me about yourself
- why pharmacy
- pathway in making methyl benzoate (I brought this on myself :rolleyes:)
- NO2+ reacting with phenol (explain)
- long division, something like 487/34 (asked an estimate first)
Reply 42
Hey, Had an interview at nottingham last week before christmas and found the information from this forum useful, so i thought i'd add my contribition.
It was quite a laid back interview with one interviewer he asked me:
The useful things I'd learnt from my academic studies.
Why Nottingham?
Whats a catalyst? Whats a biological catalyst, how do they work?
Relevant work experience.
What pharmacy routes can you take after degree, the 3 possible areas.
What did I know about MRSA.
Whats diabetes, why can't insulin be administered by mouth?
Protein structure, primary, secondary and tertiary.

Must have gone pretty well because I got an offer the next day!:biggrin:

Good luck to you all! and thanks for the info.
I had my interview today and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. I didnt get asked any acedemic questions...just got asked about stuff on the personal statement and about workexperience.
Reply 44
has no-one got an interview a notts on the 27th march?? i think im the only one. when i got the letter i thought it was a bit late in the year.....
btw congrats to the people who got offers!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 45

hey guyz had my interview bout 3 weeks ago nd it wasnt too bad! she asked : why pharmacy, why nottingham, why cant insulin be administered orally, then she told me draw a dipetide, draw a functional group i knew(so i drew a ketone) and then she asked about nmr(nuclear magnet resonance). then the last question, she asked if i knew the difference between generic and branded drug?
Reply 46
Had my interview on wednesday and recieved offer by thursday afternoon!! Though id help others because people helped me on this

got asked quite a few questions:

Tell me about yourself?
What does a pharmacist do? (in community AND hospital)
Personal statement stuff?
What do pharmacists in industy do?
How does aspirin work?
Side effects of it?
Other methods of administering drugs?
Why insulin administered orally?
Other method of administering insulin?
Inhalers?
What uses of inhalers?
Dosage of inhalers compared to tablets?

Might be a few more thrown in but ive forgotten. The interviewer woman was really good and i wasnt nervous at all it went like a normal conversation, wasnt intimidated at all unlike at other interviews:biggrin:
I've got my interview on the 28th of feb. Anyone else coming on that day? I'm so scared! Nottingham is defintely going to be my firm or insurance.
Reply 48
why were all your interviews so soon?! my first one wasnt until 31st jan and my nottingham one isnt till the 28th march-just a bit late.
I don't know about others but i sent my application off on 16th october
hi peeps i got my interview on the 26th o march... a bit l8 i reckon. i hope they dnt ask me any academic questions, oh well cant take the chance gonna ahve to revise everything....
^^ Unfortunately, they usually do but it won't be anything difficult.
bananaman7
Tell me about yourself?
:rofl: I had that one too, gotta love it :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending