The Student Room Group

Girls, Tulips or Roses for Valentines Day?

Scroll to see replies

All flowers are nice but roses are definitely the symbol of love and are best suited for Valentine's day
Reply 41
Original post by Aula
Really? I have never heard this before.

And yellow is jealousy or friendship, so that's a no too.

Yep it was the anti-climax of the film for me. :colondollar:
I wouldn't mind getting green roses if that's any closer to jealousy!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Viridiana
All flowers are nice but roses are definitely the symbol of love and are best suited for Valentine's day

Yes, roses seem to be winning out on this thread, so I think this may be what I go for.
Reply 43
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Yes, roses seem to be winning out on this thread, so I think this may be what I go for.

Try not to be too cliché like a dozen red or one single red because that = unimaginative/safe/boring/lazy :smile:
Well, I've never been a massive fan of tulips (something about the fact that we had to dissect them in class once) so if those are the only options, then I would go for roses.

But there are plenty of other flowers around - lilies are lovely, as are orchids and narcissi, so if you want to do something different then there are lots of alternatives to roses.
Original post by Folion
Try not to be too cliché like a dozen red or one single red because that = unimaginative/safe/boring/lazy :smile:

Original post by Plumstone
Well, I've never been a massive fan of tulips (something about the fact that we had to dissect them in class once) so if those are the only options, then I would go for roses.

But there are plenty of other flowers around - lilies are lovely, as are orchids and narcissi, so if you want to do something different then there are lots of alternatives to roses.

These are the roses that I've picked out, what do you guys think:
Honestly, neither. I'd rather a bouquet of an assortment of pretty looking flowers, or lilies as they are my favourite flower.

For the sake of this thread though, I'll go with roses :tongue:
These are the roses that I've picked out, what do you guys think:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
It says this
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
It says this

Hmm, ah well, here is a link to a website, not sure if this will work either though:

http://www.go-dutch.ie/our-complete-range/12-long-stem-grand-prix-roses-hand-tied.html
Hmm, ah well, here is a link to a website, not sure if this will work either though:

http://www.go-dutch.ie/our-complete-range/12-long-stem-grand-prix-roses-hand-tied.html

Yeah now I can see them. WOW it seems really impressive and beautiful, she will be impressed for sure! Also, A LOT of money, hope she's worth it haha
Reply 50

It says you are a caring and nice person but that you aren't very imaginative and perhaps a bit predictable. There are lots of lovely flowers on that site mind you, I quite like some of the bouquets that are a mix of roses and other flowers. I personally liked the pink roses rather than the red but that's just personal.
Roses. Valentine's day is so sweet, it's a shame I have no one to spend the day with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Roses. Valentine's day is so sweet, it's a shame I have no one to spend the day with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do something nice for a stranger then!
Original post by Aula
Do something nice for a stranger then!

I do that already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:curious: Plants?

More like diamonds and chocolates, big guy.
I like tulips personally, the dark purple ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pocahontas lol
:curious: Plants?

More like diamonds and chocolates, big guy.

The flowers are only one of her gifts.
Try and find out what she likes from her friends, Facebook or something like, e.g Instagram. Try and make it personal, roses are the generic valentines day present. If she is into American Horror Story then she may like black roses. Hope I could help ☺️👍🌹

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two dozen of each :smile:
I'll be sending flowers to a special someone on Valentine's Day, but I can't decide between Tulips or Roses. What would be your preference?

Definitely roses. more expensive but definitely worth it for that someone special:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending