The Student Room Group

Help with relationship

Okay so stupid problem but basically I want to go out with my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, but I haven’t told my dad about her (I’m gay and it’s awkward to tell him :/) and whenever I say I’m going out with friends he asks if my sister is coming too since we have the same friends. So if I go out on Valentine’s Day without my sister it’ll be REALLY obvious I’m going on a date. I’m 16 by the way if that’s relevant?

So does anyone know how I can get out of the house without my dad knowing what’s going on??
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so stupid problem but basically I want to go out with my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, but I haven’t told my dad about her (I’m gay and it’s awkward to tell him :/) and whenever I say I’m going out with friends he asks if my sister is coming too since we have the same friends. So if I go out on Valentine’s Day without my sister it’ll be REALLY obvious I’m going on a date. I’m 16 by the way if that’s relevant?

So does anyone know how I can get out of the house without my dad knowing what’s going on??

Is your concern that he'll know you're going out in a date? Or the fact that you're gay?

If he'd be fine with you going on a date with a guy, and you're not ready to tell him you're gay, then could you not just say you're going out on Valentine's and have him assume it's with a guy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending