The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gemgems89
What? You think I'm gonna fly all the way back for a 20 minute interview?! Please don't tell me people actually do that. HUH. I'm not rich! :eek: :frown:

Depends how much the place means to you I guess.
Ethereal
Depends how much the place means to you I guess.

It means a lot, but I can't afford that. It says on their website that they won't interview people who don't live near London despite being in the UK, so how would they expect me to fly over from Israel? Will I be treated as an International student? :s-smilie: Why can't they just give me a telephone interview?! :confused:
Yeh..fraid so. There were loads of foreigners in for interviews in Dec..one of them from Canada who didn't get in!! :eek:
Craghyrax
Yeh..fraid so. There were loads of foreigners in for interviews in Dec..one of them from Canada who didn't get in!! :eek:

Oh feck that's just crazy. *Definitely needs to get summer job now*
gemgems89
Oh feck that's just crazy. *Definitely needs to get summer job now*

:hugs: You know.. I reckon if you buy in advance, flights between Israel and London could be £20ish with ryanair/easyjet. Also..try calling and asking about the telephone interview before assuming the worst :smile:
Listen to Craggy. She knows best.

Tbh Gemz - you're needlessly stressing far too early in advance. Chill. :smile:
Craghyrax
:hugs: You know.. I reckon if you buy in advance, flights between Israel and London could be £20ish with ryanair/easyjet. Also..try calling and asking about the telephone interview before assuming the worst :smile:

:hugs: Thanks my dear, but I regret that ryanair and easyjet don't fly to Israel yet. They are in talks at the moment actually but as of yet, nope. And £20... no way. I'd have to be lucky to get anything less than £200. Gah.

Helz
Listen to Craggy. She knows best.

Tbh Gemz - you're needlessly stressing far too early in advance. Chill. :smile:

Not really, I need to consider this before deciding whether to apply to UCL or whatever. But yeah, I always stress too much. *guilty* :s:
Rubbish - why should the INTERVIEW put you off applying somewhere? That's the biggest load of tosh I've read on TSR in ages! Don't be silly girl c'mon sis!
Helzerel
Rubbish - why should the INTERVIEW put you off applying somewhere? That's the biggest load of tosh I've read on TSR in ages! Don't be silly girl c'mon sis!

No, I don't mean that. I mean I'm making a decision on whether to do Lings or Management yeh... and I only wanna do Lings if I can get into UCL really, and if I can't then I may as well apply for Management. Confusing. :s:
Why only if you can get into UCL? Whats wrong with other Lingustics courses at other institutions?
Ethereal
Why only if you can get into UCL? Whats wrong with other Lingustics courses at other institutions?

Firstly, I want London. So that narrows the choices down. UCL is good for Linguistics and a good uni as a whole. Pretty obvious first choice. KCL would be a second option but it's not exaactly the same course... it's like English Language and Communication or something, which just sounds naff, and it's nowhere near as good for English/Linguistics. Anywhere else isn't so good for this course...
Reply 5991
The above should be read as:
"Because university without paddy and Helz would be unbearable".
Any MUNers going to UCL?

paddy, I know :p:
Reply 5993
The Marshall Islands are, and Hungary too if it can pull its finger out and get an A in Philosophy:rolleyes:
Dann and Helzerel?
Reply 5995
Indeedy. Argentina, Hungary and The Marshall Islands, what a mix:s-smilie:
You´re off to a US uni right?
Reply 5996
Hungary would pull its finger out, but is concerned that to do so might actually lead to an even worse situation, like the little dutch boy and the dam.

gemgems, I almost applied for Linguistics and the course at UCL looks awesome ;yes;
not quite as cool as Literature but...:p:
Reply 5997
Dann
Hungary would pull its finger out, but is concerned that to do so might actually lead to an even worse situation, like the little dutch boy and the dam.

You´re worried you´ll do too much work?
I really wouldn´t worry about that Hungary, I really wouldn´t;no;
Reply 5998
paddy
You´re worried you´ll do too much work?
I really wouldn´t worry about that Hungary, I really wouldn´t;no;

I will give you some quotes I learnt by heart yesterday:

'the nature and limits of power which can legitimately be exercised over the individual'
'the only purpose for which power can rightfull be exercised over any member of a covilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant.'
'utility is grounded in the wider sense in man's permanent interests as a progressive being'
'unless opinions are fully, frequently and fearlessly discussed, they will be held as dead dogma, and not the living truth.'
'the moral and mental powers, like the muscular, are only improved by being used'
the expression of the individual charachter is, 'one of the principle ingredients of human happiness'
'society can and does execute its own mandates'
'in other-regarding actions, the individual is accountable, and may be subject to social or legal punishment'

as far as I can say, knowling that essentially guarentees me an A. Maybe even a medal too.
Dann

gemgems, I almost applied for Linguistics and the course at UCL looks awesome ;yes;
not quite as cool as Literature but...:p:

Ooo do tell. I don't know much about the course cos the website is really vague!! :rolleyes: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending