The Student Room Group

Union advice confidential?

I want to ring my union branch for advice on my part time job (am a member of the union) as I don't trust the information my employer would give to my answers. When I rang today one woman sounded very patronising on the phone as though like why are you ringing? Well I am entitled to ring as I have paid to be a member and want questions answering which are not on the website.

I am ringing back tomorrow and they ask for your member number so know where you work, I asked if it was confidential and they said yes. I just pray they don't tell my employer as I believe this a personal matter.
Reply 1
It is absolutely 100% confidential. Don't worry, they are on your side. Well they should be.
Reply 2
LePinkPanther
It is absolutely 100% confidential. Don't worry, they are on your side. Well they should be.

I rang up the union phone number, waste of time. They said I need to speak to a steward instore, bit wary as things may get back to people. It annoys me that you could find essential literature related to your job at easy access.
Reply 3
This whole union thing's a bloody swizz anyway.
In the end it all comes down to paperwork and red-tape.
Union my arse. It's just one big con, thats what it is.
Reply 4
You could try going to a citizen's advice bureau if it's a general thing and not specific to there

Latest

Trending

Trending