The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone, does anyone know if we get emailed as well as a letter?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by ExtraTimeOwnGoal
Hi everyone, does anyone know if we get emailed as well as a letter?

We do not get emailed unless you are international but you can request an e-mail from the 12th!
Original post by Jordan\
We do not get emailed unless you are international but you can request an e-mail from the 12th!

ah, okay. Could you give me a reference where it says that please?
ah, okay. Could you give me a reference where it says that please?

I e-mailed them myself and it also says re: e-mailing on their twitter.
Original post by Jordan\
I e-mailed them myself and it also says re: e-mailing on their twitter.

Yes, I've found it, thanks. I'm not sure if I want to email them or wait until I get back home..:/
Congratulations and commiserations to all those who got offers or rejections today!

I'm hoping to join you all at Pembroke in October to study physical NatSci!
Hi! Has anyone received emails from Pembroke? If so, did you apply as a local (UK) or international?
are there any current Pembroke students? If there are, please take a look at my question! thanks :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3838765&p=62103657#post62103657
are there any current Pembroke students? If there are, please take a look at my question! thanks :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3838765&p=62103657#post62103657

I knew plenty of people (mostly internationals) who stayed longer and/or over the holidays. Then again this was a few years back now so I guess things might have changed. :dontknow:
Original post by alex_hk90
I knew plenty of people (mostly internationals) who stayed longer and/or over the holidays. Then again this was a few years back now so I guess things might have changed. :dontknow:

Oh, okay, thanks. At least I have some hope! :smile:
Any graduate applicants? :smile: Just accepted my offer for MPhil Development Studies at Pembroke! Nice to "meet" everyone!
Anyone around who's applying this year? I'm pressing 'send' on UCAS this evening with any luck,and think I'll be putting down Pembroke :smile: (really tough choice between Pembroke and Emmanuel tho)
Original post by TIF141
Anyone around who's applying this year? I'm pressing 'send' on UCAS this evening with any luck,and think I'll be putting down Pembroke :smile: (really tough choice between Pembroke and Emmanuel tho)

For what it's worth, I also had the decision between Pembroke and Emma back in the day, went for Pembroke and didn't regret it! :h:
For what it's worth, I also had the decision between Pembroke and Emma back in the day, went for Pembroke and didn't regret it! :h:

Ooh, that's reassuring!! What do/did you like about it most?
Original post by TIF141
Ooh, that's reassuring!! What do/did you like about it most?

Well, I was there a while ago (2008-2011) but it was a combination of the supervisors, the people, the grounds, the food, etc. everything was good for me. :h: Obviously people have different preferences but hopefully you'll find it good as well. :smile:
Well, I was there a while ago (2008-2011) but it was a combination of the supervisors, the people, the grounds, the food, etc. everything was good for me. :h: Obviously people have different preferences but hopefully you'll find it good as well. :smile:

Awesome, thanks :smile:)
The one main thing that appeals to me about Emmanuel is the amount of open space and rly relaxed atmosphere (and the squash court on site but that's not really a big thing)
But Pembroke looks really pretty, it's more central, and it looks like there's a fair amount of space anyway? (apologies for all the questions, I'm not very good at being decisive :biggrin:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TIF141
Awesome, thanks :smile:)
The one main thing that appeals to me about Emmanuel is the amount of open space and rly relaxed atmosphere (and the squash court on site but that's not really a big thing)
But Pembroke looks really pretty, it's more central, and it looks like there's a fair amount of space anyway? (apologies for all the questions, I'm not very good at being decisive :biggrin:)

To be fair Emma is nice as well, so there isn't a bad choice here. :h: But I found Pembroke relaxed enough with nice grounds and not too many tourists. :smile:
I'm applying to Pembroke this year (for 2017) for biological NatSci :smile:
Ooh another NatSci :biggrin: good luck! :smile:
Thanks, you too :smile: Wait, so are you another Pembroke (maybe) Nat Sci? Have I found one at last?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending