The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliekmorgan62
I have my Phys NatSci interviews on the 8th but I'm arriving tomorrow and staying overnight. I'm so unbelievably nervous...

Another phys NatSci yay! :biggrin: Good luck! I had mine last week and the students there were good at being reassuring XD
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by elliekmorgan62
I have my Phys NatSci interviews on the 8th but I'm arriving tomorrow and staying overnight. I'm so unbelievably nervous...

Good luck :smile: it'll be over before you know it - if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. There's nothing you can do now to affect the outcome, so que sera sera and I'm sure you'll be fantastic! College during interviews is actually surprisingly chill, believe it or not...
Original post by GeorgiaCroxton
I have my law test on Tuesday 6th, and my interviews are Wednesday 7th!

How is everybody feeling? Any other law applicants?

Same! Law Test on the 6th and Interviews I’m the 7th. Any idea if the last one is a general one? x
Are there any Classics applicants? I'm desperate about why I haven't heard anything from Pembroke yet.😂
Original post by DreamingBigger
Same! Law Test on the 6th and Interviews I’m the 7th. Any idea if the last one is a general one? x

The post you're quoting is from last year's intake :P

Original post by danise
Are there any Classics applicants? I'm desperate about why I haven't heard anything from Pembroke yet.😂

Don't worry about it, different subjects take (sometimes significantly) different lengths of time to respond to applicants. That others have heard back about interviews before you is in absolutely no way connected to the likely outcome of your application
Original post by Parliament

Don't worry about it, different subjects take (sometimes significantly) different lengths of time to respond to applicants. That others have heard back about interviews before you is in absolutely no way connected to the likely outcome of your application

Yeah I realised that a bit late seeing as the dates should be 5th and 6tg

Pembroke did say that they'll give out interview calls from the second week of November. Does that mean they're still giving out interview calls in the third week of November?
Original post by danise
Pembroke did say that they'll give out interview calls from the second week of November. Does that mean they're still giving out interview calls in the third week of November?

I heard about mine on November 25th back when I applied, so quite possibly (I wasn't even given a date range by college for hearing back, just that if I hadn't heard by December 2nd I should ring them).

If you're concerned about it, give them a call tomorrow morning (or email them). But honestly I wouldn't worry about it yet!
I heard about mine on November 25th back when I applied, so quite possibly (I wasn't even given a date range by college for hearing back, just that if I hadn't heard by December 2nd I should ring them).

If you're concerned about it, give them a call tomorrow morning (or email them). But honestly I wouldn't worry about it yet!

Oh thanks!😊
I’ve submitted the form for Pembroke accommodation about a month ago, with a preference for a modern room in Foundress Court as I was under the impression that the vast majority of freshers were there and it was more sociable.

However, I would really like an old room! What’s the atmosphere like in New Court/Orchard/Red Buildings?

Am I better off sticking with Foundress to be with more people?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending