The Student Room Group

delete

delete
(edited 9 years ago)
Muslims are taught to love Mo' more than their kids and mothers.

The Jordanian pilot is just some random dude who got into paradise the hard way and is a casualty of war.

How can they be compared?

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I think many people are apathetic by this point. Terrorists gonna terrorise, and there's **** all we can do about it. Sure, it was a god-awful way to go, I'm not disputing that; "barbaric" doesn't even do it justice. But we all know fo' sho that IS aren't going to change what they're doing because a few people protest (have fundamentals ever actually listened to anything else other than the idiocy they've been fed from someone else?), they probably get off on that ****.

Is apathy right? Of course not. But nothing's going to change as a result of protest, they're not going to stop killing people, and the only way to stop them is to blitz them out of existence. Sadly, while the US are the best equipped for doing this, they're also incredibly trigger happy and have the inability to discern hostile target from civilian.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I think many people are apathetic by this point. Terrorists gonna terrorise, and there's **** all we can do about it. Sure, it was a god-awful way to go, I'm not disputing that; "barbaric" doesn't even do it justice. But we all know fo' sho that IS aren't going to change what they're doing because a few people protest (have fundamentals ever actually listened to anything else other than the idiocy they've been fed from someone else?), they probably get off on that ****.

Is apathy right? Of course not. But nothing's going to change as a result of protest, they're not going to stop killing people, and the only way to stop them is to blitz them out of existence. Sadly, while the US are the best equipped for doing this, they're also incredibly trigger happy and have the inability to discern hostile target from civilian.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying, the same can be applied to Muhammad cartoons: there's naff all people can do about them being disseminated, the makers aren't going to stop now, etc.

And I would disagree that there's apathy in respect of this, mainly due to the level of cruelty and sadism that has gone into it.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Whilst I agree with what you're saying, the same can be applied to Muhammad cartoons: there's naff all people can do about them being disseminated, the makers aren't going to stop now, etc.

Kinda different, but I can see your point. People protest depictions of Muhammed because their religious upbringing teaches them that they should be offended at it (it hits them personally), whereas the protests against the violence that arose as a result of the depiction came about as a promotion for freedom of speech (something that affects everybody worldwide).

And I would disagree that there's apathy in respect of this, mainly due to the level of cruelty and sadism that has gone into it.

But your initial point was about protest. Everyone would "protest" it by saying that, as you have, it's cruel, sadistic, and barbaric. But any actual protesting against IS is unlikely to happen. Religious wackos killing people because the victims dare to believe in something other than what's written in a book that the aggressors have read? Business as usual for humanity, I'm afraid. And people realise this, hence the presumed apathy.
Reply 5
Original post by Lady Comstock
Surely the latter is more of an attack on, and offensive to, Islam as they are committing such a horrific act in the so-called name of Islam. Or are cartoons more offensive than this?

I know that the vast majority of Muslims condemn ISIS' act, but I am more referring to the thousands that always seem to pop-up after a cartoon drama, but stay indoors when stuff like this happens, which IMO is more offensive to Islam.

The types of people who protest these things are primarily lefties who love Muslims because of notions like diversity, the fact that Muslims are poor (mostly) and the fact that the west acts in an Imperialist way to them. Muslims are protected by them because the Middle East suits their narrative.

As such one can't demonstrate for things like this, that would be racist and weaken their narrative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending