The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Zerforax
We've probably got to be looking at Southampton next Sunday. Both Besiktas and Southampton will make us work hard in terms of pressing and ability so we can't really afford to be below par for the Southampton game?

I imagine Allen will come into the midfield. I'd be tempted to bring in the likes of Johnson/Manquillo or Enrique on the flanks (even though they can be terrible) and play Markovic further up instead of Coutinho. Think Coutinho and Sterling need protecting for our more important games. I'd give Sturridge and Balotelli 45 mins each?

very true - the FA cup means very little compared to the importance of our next 2 games.
however i don't feel like rodgers is the type of manager to cop out and ever field a weak side tbh.

and yes, that would probably be the play.
coutinho and sturridge in particular need protecting simply because of their ability to create and score goals respectively.

i never want to see us lose, but i would take a loss tonight if it meant we won our next 2 games.
obviously doesn't work like that though, i guess we'll see how it goes :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
SUG is banned again (surprise) so SR90 changed the OP to mine.
i'm a little busy over the next day or so but when i have time, i'll go back to the old thread and copy the template.

was pretty disgraceful that SUG copped out with the OP in essentially the Gerrard testamonial thread.
Just gonna follow the typical template and probably add in a little section for Gerrard.

Suggestions are welcome, especially for who will be our new mascot :smile:

Good work, Luke. Thought you should be the one to do it anyway!
Coutinho needs to be played from the bench as he needs a rest, otherwise there's an argument to play the strongest side with Sturridge playing 45 minutes.
Mignolet, Skrtel, Can, Sakho, Allen, Henderson, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Lambert, Manquillo, Borini, Balotelli
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Skrtel, Can, Sakho, Allen, Henderson, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge

Manquillo should start instead of Allen, imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by mr tim

that was more or less exactly as i expected.
never like to see allen on the pitch but it was essentially him or lovren.

strong team, nothing we can do about it now.
no excuse for a loss; i know we're away but we should roll them over.
Original post by Lúcio
that was more or less exactly as i expected.
never like to see allen on the pitch but it was essentially him or lovren.

strong team, nothing we can do about it now.
no excuse for a loss; i know we're away but we should roll them over.

Looks like Rodgers really wants to win the FA Cup. It's probably about as strong as it gets from the players available at the moment.
Reply 387
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like Rodgers really wants to win the FA Cup. It's probably about as strong as it gets from the players available at the moment.

if you look at it from his perspective, can you blame him?
i think he feels like he needs some kind of silverware or else it will start to look bad.
personally i understand and i do feel like his time here so far warrants a trophy.

as i said, we have 5 rest days after this game so as long as he takes off coutinho and sturridge at some point, i don't see an issue here.
Bolasie needs to be neutralised otherwise he will cause us problems. We really should win today, the FA cup is up for grabs and we have a great chance to win it this year.
Reply 389
Original post by sr90
Looking at the teams left in the hat, he'd be mad not to go for it.

West Brom, Reading & Blackburn through so far, plus one of Aston Villa/Leicester and one of Bradford/Sunderland. All either relegation strugglers in the Premiership or lower league teams. Even if Liverpool drew United/Arsenal at home they would be the favourites so there's a very high possibility of getting a favourable draw.

I hope this is as entertaining as your last two trips to Selhurst :h:

very true, this cup is for the taking for liverpool/united/arsenal.
however i'm sure you can understand how the fans feel we need to prioritise, especially with EL and top 4 still in the mix.

i'm sure if we're 3-0 up at some point, the commentators will get a hard-on.
Reply 390
is sanogo playing?!?!?
Original post by AR_95
is sanogo playing?!?!?

Nope he's injured, Chamakh is playing though.
Reply 392
Original post by The.Joker
Nope he's injured, Chamakh is playing though.

Noo!:mad:
Reply 393
What kind of a mask is that ffs
omg **** off
Reply 395
yes!!!!
Skirtle...
Reply 397
the amount of slips is TOO DAMN HIGH!
Reply 398
that was a pen?

edit : nevermind