The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

Anybody who thinks that Rodgers is culpable for this season is a shortsighted, brainwashed and blind fool.

In your opinion.
Reply 3981
Original post by xKay
In your opinion.

Beat me to it.
Original post by xKay
In your opinion.

Go on, tell me how us having a competent striker would mean that we wouldn't have got 8 more points from those 8 games (ie, enough to get us into the top four), let alone from other games that I haven't mentioned.
Reply 3983
Go on, tell me how us having a competent striker would mean that we wouldn't have got 8 more points from those 8 games (ie, enough to get us into the top four), let alone from other games that I haven't mentioned.

Hindsight is a very unhealthy place to be in.
Yeah no doubt it'll make the front page of the s*n again. I'm too old to be passionate about it anymore it's laughably stupid how Sterling smoking a shisha pipe makes their front cover.

Also I'm not sure how many pro Moyes chants there actually were haha. There should be unanimous vocal support of Brendan from us.

Apparently the whole ground applauded him, not as a show of support for him necessarily but to highlight the stupidity of the fans who hired it.

But then a lot of teams could make the same argument? Arsenal for the title, United well if we had Carrick we would've had the balance in midfield Louis was looking for and you'd expect us to have more points as well. Doesn't mean you're wrong though.
Original post by Depleted
But then a lot of teams could make the same argument? Arsenal for the title, United well if we had Carrick we would've had the balance in midfield Louis was looking for and you'd expect us to have more points as well. Doesn't mean you're wrong though.

Carrick being injured is different, because it's an injury. You still had the player in the squad. We've had Lucas injured for most of the season, Sakho, Lallana injured for long spells too, and obviously Sturridge on top of that. Even with Carrick's injuries there's a number of players in your squad that can do the job adequately - whereas we didn't have that for Sturridge.

And as I've just mentioned, striker and goalkeeper are your two key positions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xKay
Hindsight is a very unhealthy place to be in.

It's not hindsight son, it's called reviewing your season. So unless you or that miserable **** off my ignore list (who keeps trying to get my attention) can give valid evidence to refute my arguments, there's no point having this discussion.
Reply 3988
It's not hindsight son, it's called reviewing your season. So unless you or that miserable **** off my ignore list (who keeps trying to get my attention) can give valid evidence to refute my arguments, there's no point having this discussion.

hi :smile:

swearing isn't nice.
Reply 3989

How can you have an argument with a person slagging off other people and calling people who dont agree with your opinion blind and delusional?
Pimped Butterfly be like

(edited 8 years ago)
Unsure why we're still deploying this back four. Can's no right-back.
We're looking at around 65 points right now. Now inspect the following 8 games;

Anybody who thinks that Rodgers is culpable for this season is a shortsighted, brainwashed and blind fool.

You can't just say ''oh we should have picked up points in that game'' and completely disregard the fact that every other team in the league can say the same thing. Using shots as a statistic is just laughable. We had 17 last week to Everton's 9, so despite playing awfully and deserving to lose, by your logic we should have won. Ok then...

Rodgers is not the sole reason for your car crash of a season but you cannot argue that he is blameless here. He alleges that he has the final say on transfers. There was no mention of this infamous transfer committee last season, and there is no mention of it in relation to players who have actually done well like Coutinho and Sturridge. Yet as soon as things go badly suddenly its their fault? You can't have it both ways. His big summer targets were Lallana and Lambert ffs. Was obvious from day 1 that they aren't good enough for a club challenging for the CL.

It's all well and good saying that you should have beaten Hull or Sunderland at home but he has bottled nearly every important game this season. His big game away record is just as bad, if not worse, than David Moyes' was and he's completely flopped in Europe along with a Wembley semi final. His man management of players like Sterling, Gerrard and Balotelli has been poor as well.
Is Rodgers trying to be sacked?

The back 3 and sterling up front with Gerrard in the stands is the most effective thing here. It's going back to the ineffective tactics of the first half of the season. 0-0 or 0-1 qpr I'm predicting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3994
Original post by xKay
How can you have an argument with a person slagging off other people and calling people who dont agree with your opinion blind and delusional?

you almost sound surprised, which i find very odd considering who you're conversing with...
Reply 3995
Original post by sr90
You can't just say ''oh we should have picked up points in that game'' and completely disregard the fact that every other team in the league can say the same thing. Using shots as a statistic is just laughable. We had 17 last week to Everton's 9, so despite playing awfully and deserving to lose, by your logic we should have won. Ok then...

Rodgers is not the sole reason for your car crash of a season but you cannot argue that he is blameless here. He alleges that he has the final say on transfers. There was no mention of this infamous transfer committee last season, and there is no mention of it in relation to players who have actually done well like Coutinho and Sturridge. Yet as soon as things go badly suddenly its their fault? You can't have it both ways. His big summer targets were Lallana and Lambert ffs. Was obvious from day 1 that they aren't good enough for a club challenging for the CL.

It's all well and good saying that you should have beaten Hull or Sunderland at home but he has bottled nearly every important game this season. His big game away record is just as bad, if not worse, than David Moyes' was and he's completely flopped in Europe along with a Wembley semi final. His man management of players like Sterling, Gerrard and Balotelli has been poor as well.

This.
Original post by xKay

Tbh it's worse than being blind isn't it, seeing as even a blind man would drop the asinine stubbornness and look at things logically.
Original post by Lúcio
you almost sound surprised, which i find very odd considering who you're conversing with...

Says the guy who calls everyone else a troll despite being deadest poster on here. Considering he just replied to me in a normal way without bursting into pettiness like xKay does on here I doubt what you say is true.
I'll back up SUG here as I think the general point he makes is correct as I've stated before.

When was the last time no striker scored more than 10 goals between them all in the league to be top 4? It's completely valid. You can't beat the crap sides and you will struggle to finish teams off in the big games. If he doesn't get another season it's stupid. If he fails next season it's different. But the signs are he should stay. I can't see another manager doing much better with the resources

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

I mentioned just 8 games of the 17 that we've dropped points in. There's another 9 in which I could bring out the whole 'what if' arguments, but the fact remains that IF we had a competent striker, we would have gained a hell of a lot more points from those 8 games. I'm not asking everyone other team in the league to say if we had a competent striker, just asking you to notice that every competitor team has had a much better striker available than us, and the clear fault in our team is the inability to score goals (ie solved by a competent striker).

Infamous? It's a well known fact. If there was no mention of it last season, then you were reading the wrong Liverpool-related media (not that I'd expect much off you). Yes, the committee did well to identify Coutinho and Sturridge, and that credit should be given to them - and it has been, I'm not having it both ways at all. I'm asking for parity all round, and the simple fact of the matter is, this committee has been established solely to remove accountability from the manager. If you disagree, idc, because our owners won't. Both of Coutinho and Sturridge's development can be praised under Rodgers too - it's not the committee who's turned them into great players, or utilised them effectively. Rodgers alleges that he has the final say on all transfers, yes. Let me re-post an example from a few weeks ago for you

Spoiler

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3127167&page=138 On this page and the surrounding ones, I've given a fairly detailed assessment of Rodgers, the committee, and his place in it. Not even behind a paywall

As for bottling big games; better teams than us have lost to Chelsea at home, we outplayed both United and Arsenal on the way to one point (IE LACK OF A STRIKER), we had 36 shots to Chelsea's 22 over the two legs and more possession in the COC semi (ie LACK OF A STRIKER), we beat Spurs and Soton home and away, we beat City at home and should/could have opened the scoring at the Etihad too, youthful naivety from our players rather than lack of a striker. The Wembley semi was a bottle, but it's his first time in that arena, and we were against a notable bogey club for us. It's not great but it's borderline forgiveable. The United game was a write off because of Gerrard, better teams have lost away to Arsenal. His overall away record is poor, but when has he ever had a comparable first XI to take away from home?

I'm not sure how he's managed Sterling poorly, or how you think he asked Gerrard to **** up, or how you can claim Balotelli is his fault.

Latest