The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Hey, I said you guys were overconfident but I never said I wasn't too - fan bias innit.

No but seriously, the sense of superiority I see from Arsenal fans pisses me off at times.
It's frustrating because I like the club and I would MUCH rather see you make top 4 than United.

P.S: we wouldn't "win" you, we'd beat you :wink:

Well we are above you and still in the champions league

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Well we are above you and still in the champions league

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only by 3 points and we're in much better form since we got knocked out of the CL.

Anyway what do people think the team should be on Thursday?
Original post by Zerforax
Anyway what do people think the team should be on Thursday?

Beskitas are hardly Real Madrid, they've only really got Demba Ba to worry about. If we can smash them at Anfield (and more importantly, keep a clean sheet) we can go easy on the return leg and still go through.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Moreno, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge.

Save Markovic and Coutinho for Southampton.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Beskitas are hardly Real Madrid, they've only really got Demba Ba to worry about. If we can smash them at Anfield (and more importantly, keep a clean sheet) we can go easy on the return leg and still go through.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Moreno, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge.

Currently the leaders in the Turkish league, having won 9 out of their last 10 league games. Topped a group which contained Spurs too. And let's not forget we struggled against Basel and Ludo in the CL.

The game won't be as easy as people think imo.

I guess the team picks itself other than who are the two behind Sturridge?
Currently the leaders in the Turkish league, having won 9 out of their last 10 league games. Topped a group which contained Spurs too. And let's not forget we struggled against Basel and Ludo in the CL.

The game won't be as easy as people think imo.

True, though I believe the starting XI in Basel included Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard at DM and a lone Balotelli, small wonder we struggled. We're a better team all round than earlier in the season.
Markovic is suspended for Besiktas remember.
Original post by Mackay
Markovic is suspended for Besiktas remember.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/markovic-discover-fate-uefa-thursday-8654561

Was thinking I don't remember seeing what his ban length was.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/13/simon-mignolet-liverpool-fiancee-wise-words

In a nut shell - Mignolet has improved his form as he's stopped overthinking his game.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/13/simon-mignolet-liverpool-fiancee-wise-words

In a nut shell - Mignolet has improved his form as he's stopped overthinking his game.

Read a bit about this. Heard he's actively been seeking out Steve Peters' help, which is a massive thing. Fair play to him - and massive respect. He's come out of the other side of a poor run of form a completely changed figure, person and athlete.
Original post by Mackay
Read a bit about this. Heard he's actively been seeking out Steve Peters' help, which is a massive thing. Fair play to him - and massive respect. He's come out of the other side of a poor run of form a completely changed figure, person and athlete.

It will be interesting if Rodgers and fans still think he needs replacing in the summer if he's able to continue this form.
Shouldnt this be the Liverpool FC AKA The History channel Thread? Also I heard when Liverpool played Real Madrid they started shouting 5 times at the madrid fans...
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I wouldn't underestimate them, plus Europa gives us another front to gain champions league football.

we should be taking them seriously.

Ive never believed in resting players for smaller opposition, play your first team batter them 4-0 in the first half, THEN start taking people off
Coutinho definitely needs a rest. Palace looked a game too far for him.
Original post by Mackay
Coutinho definitely needs a rest. Palace looked a game too far for him.

I imagine we rest Coutinho and play Lallana and Sterling (if he's fit). Hard to move Ibe forward since Markovic will be unavailable unless we go for a defensive option with Johnson/Manquillo at RWB?

FA Cup draw tonight should be interesting. I think I'd be pleased if we got a home tie (other than Man Utd/Arsenal).

Ah well we'll find out in 2.5 hours :biggrin:
It will be interesting if Rodgers and fans still think he needs replacing in the summer if he's able to continue this form.

Surely you'd want a new keeper anyway, if anything for back up? Brad Jones doesn't inspire much confidence.
Markovic apparently given a 4 match ban in the EL. Not too worried as we can use Ibe for EL games and Markovic for PL games. 4 match ban is harsh though, I wonder if they looked at the replay and even noticed the theatrical response from the Basel player...
Original post by sr90
Surely you'd want a new keeper anyway, if anything for back up? Brad Jones doesn't inspire much confidence.

Yes but there's a big difference between spending 10mil on a new number 1 GK or buying a back-up for 2-3mil?

It's based on a moronic metric since the position of the opposition will vary after each game week. Does that suddenly mean you have harder/easier games when teams move around the table?

It also ignores form, whether you're playing home or away and also if you're facing a team which has something to play for in the last 3-5 games (e.g. European spot/relegation or nothing).
Original post by samir12
Markovic apparently given a 4 match ban in the EL. Not too worried as we can use Ibe for EL games and Markovic for PL games. 4 match ban is harsh though, I wonder if they looked at the replay and even noticed the theatrical response from the Basel player...

On what basis is he being given 4 games? :s-smilie:
Surely violent conduct is usually a standard 3 games?
Reply 599
Liverpool v blackburn :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Latest