The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
Yh Rodgers cocked it up, he should have made it clear before the match who would take penalties taking into account Balotelli being on the pitch. But it's sorted now and this debacle shouldn't happen again now that Rodgers has made it clear who would be taking them.

I doubt Rodgers is going to say anything to put down Balotelli considering he only just started getting confidence and is playing well, Hendo and Gerrard arn't going to cry over it so they'll just move on

U sure abt dat

He looked like a brat all the way till kickoff
Original post by Mackay
Anyway, back to business.

Southampton...

It's a shame that none of the defectors will be starting, the Saints fans won't have anyone to boo.
Original post by sr90
It's a shame that none of the defectors will be starting, the Saints fans won't have anyone to boo.

Lallana will probably be starting? I hope Coutinho will be dropped to the bench, Sterling and Lallana behind Sturridge. Don't think this is the game for Balotelli to be starting plus we need an extra man in midfield otherwise Southampton will overrun us.
Original post by sr90

Bet they're looking forward to Schneiderlin's return when he moves to Arsenal or us in the summer.
Original post by Mackay
Bet they're looking forward to Schneiderlin's return when he moves to Arsenal or us in the summer.

Schneiderlin would cost £25-30m, can you see Liverpool paying that? I sure can't.
Original post by sr90
Schneiderlin would cost £25-30m, can you see Liverpool paying that? I sure can't.

If Lucas goes, yeah.
Original post by Mackay
If Lucas goes, yeah.

What would you say your summer transfer budget is?

Johnson, Gerrard, Borini, Toure and Balotelli all leaving must free up a fair chunk of the wage budget.
Original post by sr90

Johnson, Gerrard, Borini, Toure and Balotelli all leaving must free up a fair chunk of the wage budget.

I'm unsure tbh. I wouldn't dare hazard a guess.

I'd expect a huge part of our wage budget to be freed up, though. Johnson and Gerrard equates to probably £250k between them per week. Throw in the sales of Borini, Balotelli and Lambert, and we've got a pretty decent income.

I'd say we could - feasibly - spend around £40m-£50m.
Enrique will most likely be off as well.

If Lucas goes we definitely need to strengthen the midfield, Rossiter/Williams need another few years before they're first team regulars, Schneiderlin would be ideal.
Original post by sr90

No, you see them paying 40M. Schneiderlin should have changed his nationality to British coulda got real money from Liverpool.
Original post by jam277
No, you see them paying 40M. Schneiderlin should have changed his nationality to British coulda got real money from Liverpool.

Well he does fulfil the home grown criteria :colondollar:

I honestly forgot Enrique was still a Liverpool player it's been that long since he played.
(edited 9 years ago)
Last played against Bolton in the FA Cup, Moreno fits in much better with the system we have now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Seems to pick up random injuries, apparently he's injured.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/568775753569046528
Original post by mr tim
Seems to pick up random injuries, apparently he's injured.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/568775753569046528

Any injury news to Gerrard is good news
Original post by Mackay
TAW? The Anfield Wrap? Nah.

I read AnfieldIndex quite a lot, though. Love it. Would you recommend TAW?

Yep that one.

I'm a big fan of the Anfield Wrap - don't listen to every single one (who has an hour to spare always?) but they have good speakers who are insightful, some decent banter and generally you good some good debate.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Any injury news to Gerrard is good news

You're a Liverpool fan aren't you?
He's alluding to how Gerrard destroys the balance of the team.
Reply 797
Original post by samir12
Yh Rodgers cocked it up, he should have made it clear before the match who would take penalties taking into account Balotelli being on the pitch. But it's sorted now and this debacle shouldn't happen again now that Rodgers has made it clear who would be taking them.

I doubt Rodgers is going to say anything to put down Balotelli considering he only just started getting confidence and is playing well, Hendo and Gerrard arn't going to cry over it so they'll just move on

it's frustrating to see so many people mess this up post-match, turning it in to such a big deal when it really doesn't matter.
like you said, rodgers will ensure that such a thing doesn't happen in future.
i agree - i feel like people are making a big deal over this simply because it's balotelli.
he's finally looking useful so i suppose some will do whatever they can to disrupt that.

my only concern is that he'll have a great run of form and we won't sell him in the summer.
even though he has been great lately, i don't think he'll quite provide the consistency and quality we need on a regular basis.

Original post by sr90

i could - this is what we do.
30m would seem about right for us...

Original post by jam277
He's alluding to how Gerrard destroys the balance of the team.

sadly you're right.
the only thing he adds to the side are his set-pieces.
he doesn't have the pace, creative or defensive abilities that make him more useful than the players we already have :/

it's never nice to see such a thing happen, but all players decline and i'm glad he's stopping at the right time rather than clinging on and hindering us in the future.
Original post by sr90

Johnson isn't on that much for his final season. Think his wages halved. Will Toure be on that much?

Maybe 350-400k from those 5 and Enrique?
Original post by Zerforax
Johnson isn't on that much for his final season. Think his wages halved. Will Toure be on that much?

Maybe 350-400k from those 5 and Enrique?

He was on 6 figures at City so even a substantial pay cut would be 60k per week. Can't imagine he's on less than that.

We paid Anderson a similar amount to eat burgers for 3 years :colonhash:

Latest