The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Swansea away in the league next.

Always a good game which Liverpool have got the upper hand from of late.

A lot of United fans disrespected Swansea recently after United lost which I found very disappointing. Swansea have always taken points from the top sides. It's not too much of a step down from Southampton away tbh.

Then again, with recent form taken in account a loss is inexcusable for Liverpool. A draw puts pressure on the united game. A win though, and a draw is sufficient from united home IMO - as united just aren't playing well enough or shown any signs to just get a big run of form going IMO. Such an awesome finale this is though. Could still go either way. Id say it's 60/40 in Liverpools favour at the moment - with arsenal 90% at top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Swansea away will be tough. You imagine Gomis will be back by then too.

Guess we're back to playing a game a week now. Least Rodgers will have plenty of time to prepare for each game now. I can't see us resting anyone for Blackburn since we have a week till our next game after that? I know we played on Wednesday but do we need to try and rotate anymore?
Original post by Depleted
Bitterness overload- check
Inferiority complex to United- check
Jam sucking Liverpool dick- check

Ah, just a standard day in the Liverpool thread.

Also find it funny how this will probably get numerous quotes but when I actually challenged the manager only Zerf and Samir had the balls to quote and provide a counter argument. And to think it's said we're deluded :laugh:

Tbh I would've responded in a more detailed fashion but you didn't respond to any of my stronger points (e.g. who we should replace Rodgers with) so cba.
Original post by Zerforax
Tbh I would've responded in a more detailed fashion but you didn't respond to any of my stronger points (e.g. who we should replace Rodgers with) so cba.

I never said Rodgers should be sacked, that was AR_95. At least you replied, Lućio didn't.
Original post by The Shed End
Didn't you draw there last season and lost the season before?

I was thinking of the 5-0 just before Swansea's cup final, and the recent 4-1.

But yeah, loads of draws thinking about it.

Always a really good game, which is great as I am pretty neutral in the game

Original post by Zerforax
I think Swansea away will be tough. You imagine Gomis will be back by then too.

Guess we're back to playing a game a week now. Least Rodgers will have plenty of time to prepare for each game now. I can't see us resting anyone for Blackburn since we have a week till our next game after that? I know we played on Wednesday but do we need to try and rotate anymore?

Yeah Gomis is back as his hospital trip only precautionary which is lucky (or not so lucky if you're a Liverpool fan). Nelson Oliveira is ****e (loved the guy on Fifa 12/13).

Bookies have it at 50/50 for Liverpool win - looks about right considering recent form. Swansea don't have anything to play for really atm, and Bony is a clear loss, as Gomis isn't as good clearly (in terms of form at the least).

lol at you guys replying to FKLW, his windups are so try hard.

Rodgers has turned things around, to the point where if the same happens next season, questions can start being asked. There's nothing to gain from responding to retorts suggesting it should be debated whether he keep his job. It is interesting seeing the contrasting scenarios between Rodgers and Martinez. Martinez was incredible at Swansea, and was the guy who started it all off there.

Shame to see it unravel at Everton, as even at Wigan he did a good job and won the FA Cup lest we forget.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd go with:

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Sterling, Allen, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge.

Bring Balotelli on for Sturridge for the last 25 minutes, maybe give Manquillo a run out (or Johnson) in replace of Can if the game's dead and buried - because I think he needs a well-earned rest. Moreno has come on leaps and bounds recently, but I feel there's no need to play him every single game.
Reply 1365
Original post by jam277
Luckiest yeah, most improved team lol, they've shown no improvement to the start of the season bar for results.

That's exactly what I mean.
Absolute no sign of improvement yet this season; if they somehow reached a top 4 standard in the remaining games, it would be a footballing miracle.
Reply 1366
I never said Rodgers should be sacked, that was AR_95. At least you replied, Lućio didn't.

Mainly because I went to work and then straight to bed afterwards.

Not to mention how tiresome your posts are in this thread.
Always trying to take shots at Liverpool.
So desperate to troll but then expect people to take you seriously when you feel like it?

Yeah, we we're the ones with the inferiority complex mate :smile:
Says the guy who posts about United 24/7
Reply 1368
Says the guy who posts about United 24/7

Fine, I'll take the bait.

I'm extremely bitter about your ridiculous fortune and I'm the first to admit that.
I think you're the last team who deserves such luck.

However I in no way have an inferiority complex; our players might not be as good but our "team" is infinitely superior.
This is such a sad day for Liverpool FC
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
This is such a sad day for Liverpool FC

??
Original post by Gob Bluth

lol at you guys replying to FKLW, his windups are so try hard.

Let it all out son :smile:

Confident we got this. FA cup and 4th is in the bag. Think we could do without a reply though.
Let's just leave this thread to Liverpool-related football, eh?
If people don't reply to idiots, they'll get bored and go away :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway, Rodgers has said Gerrard's return to Anfield on-loan is not a 'divine right'.
Original post by Mackay
Anyway, Rodgers has said Gerrard's return to Anfield on-loan is not a 'divine right'.

With what that bloke has done for the club, it probably should be. I get that he hasn't got the legs anymore, but every opportunity for him to be involved shoukd be provided. His set pieces are still superb and his leadership/experience is second to none.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
With what that bloke has done for the club, it probably should be. I get that he hasn't got the legs anymore, but every opportunity for him to be involved shoukd be provided. His set pieces are still superb and his leadership/experience is second to none.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I only read the headline.

He meant 'return' as in from injury, not on loan next year! Ha. My bad.
Reply 1379
Original post by Mackay
Sorry, I only read the headline.

He meant 'return' as in from injury, not on loan next year! Ha. My bad.

that's a good sign - means that rodgers understands we play better without gerrard and that including him could very much hinder us.

some teams will literally come to anfield and park the bus to get a draw, some will be going all out in a desperate attempt to get points and keep them safe.
in both scenarios i feel like we have players more suited than gerrard.

for teams that park the bus, you either need to play for set pieces (which we suck at this season) or you need slick and agile players that can dart between a sea of defenders and get in behind a tiny space.
for teams that go all out you need the pace and physicality that gerrard simply doesn't have anymore.

Latest